New Contributor

Re: Poldark - Possible Spoilers - November 2016

Ross/Aidan Turner is HOT AS IN SIZZLING HOT!!

Respected Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I'm not sure what was cut from the last episode but I think it had a lot to do with the rape scene.  I just like this show so much I do not mind buying the DVDs but it just gripes me that I have to buy them to see the entire episode.  I refuse to donate to PBS because of their editing.  

Sometimes I just feel like the episodes are confusing and I think it is due to the editing.  I wish I had read the books before Poldark started but I did not know the show was based on a series of books.  

what rape scene? Who?

Honored Contributor

He is good looking, but did any of you notice the difference between the way he looked this season versus last season?  He's gained weight.  I guess it's muscle, but even his face is more full.  There's a definite difference.  He's more rugged looking versus last season he was more 'pretty boy' almost feminine looking.

Am I the only one who noticed it?

Honored Contributor

This season

Poldark PosterThis is from the first season.

Respected Contributor

I believe the books take place across quite a span of years, so maybe they wanted to have Ross look older or more manly?  I noticed that he looks heavier this season, too, Annabelle.

Honored Contributor

He's only three years older from last season. I don't  like his shorter hair this season, it does make him look older and his face fatter. If they follow the books, he would be 33 and Demalza 23., Jeremy 2.

Respected Contributor

I love this show!  I was so disappointed in Ross last night though!

Honored Contributor

@Yellowsub wrote:

Oh pleeze!!!  Ross & Elizabeth have so much chemistry, unlike Ross & Demelza.  Indoor Kitty, U need to get outside more.  I like Demelza, but Ross & Elizabeth smolder on cameraSmiley Happy))))

@Yellowsub, No, No, No. !!' Can you tell I feel strongly about this ?? LOL. Elizabeth was an itch he had to scratch ( jerk ) Demelza is his soul mate.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

He's only three years older from last season. I don't  like his shorter hair this season, it does make him look older and his face fatter. If they follow the books, he would be 33 and Demalza 23., Jeremy 2.

But the 1st child, Julia, was about 2 or so when she died & now, the 2nd one is 2, so we're several years out from when he came home from the war & found Elizabeth engaged to Francis & he hired & then, married Demelza.

Esteemed Contributor

I know there has to be a story but - back in the times when those folks might have existed, women didn't have permission nor many the whereforwithall to talk to men like Demelza does.  They were to just go along with their expected lives and roles.  Women with money and status could speak to men differently but only when asked.  They had what was called education - emboider, crocheting, arranging flowers, reading poety, etc. 

So the parts played are a bit out of context.

Again, Ross is stressed out with the mine disaster - he does something out of character and Elizabeth also does something she knows she wouldn't do if things weren't so pressing - agreeing to marry George, and giving in to her fears - she sleeps with someone she trusts, Ross. 

Demelza would have been punished or given the same in those days.  Afterall, the love and desire Ross felt for Elizabeth for years could not equal what he knew when she appeared into his life the way she did. 

I await the outcome of it all. 

I want to see George get his due. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust