Honored Contributor

Poldark - Possible Spoilers - November 2016

I thought I'd start a new thread since the other's didn't say spoilers...

OK, so who saw the show last night (November 13th), it was painful to watch....his poor wife...he's been busy takin' care of the Widow......

DON'T Go here unless you want to know a little something about upcoming stories in Season 3...it's getting a lot more like our SOAPS....like....who's who's kid!

http://www.hofmag.com/poldark-star-aidan-turners-ross-loyal-husband-demelza-elizabeths-pregnancy-get...

Ross is a dog!  OK, there I said it....it isn't enough he talked his cousin (who'd never done a thing in his life) into digging for rocks...where upon he took a nose-dive into the hole never to be diggin' ever again...he's busy doin the deed with his cousin's wife.  

If this was a mystery/detective story he'd be arrested for possibly killing the cousin (OK, drowning him) so he could 'get it on' with his (cousin's) wife, who'm he's loved since before he went off to war but whom (notice I spelled it different (that's for effect...e instead of a)....whew, my brain hurts...where was I?  OK, so maybe his wife is going to 'get busy' with the soldier (who's been making google eyes at her since he laid (i instead of y) eyes on her.  That...people is what you'd really call a run on sentence...I know all of you teachers are rolling your eyes and I sure as heck don't blame you.

I've had a freaking nose bleed all morning....I can't eat because I'm having blood drawn at 1:00PM...so I'm light headed (normally I love hyphens between words, but not this time).

Phew!  Gotta go lay back down I'm so upset at that dog Ross!

Honored Contributor

Re: Poldark - Possible Spoilers - November 2016

Ross is indeed a dog, and Elizabeth isn't half the woman Demelza is !! 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

Bad Ross!!!  But I'm glad Demelza landed a punch and he landed on his a**.  But I'll continue to watch because I think he is the most gorgeous actor on TV.

Honored Contributor

I'm disgusted with Debbie H., the screenplay writer, and her attempt to justify Elizabeth's decision to marry George. No where in Graham's books did George plot to frighten her with men digging for tin, her mother did not become an invalid needing care.

Elizabeth married George for his money and the life it would provide, no other reason.

To change scenes  for film is acceptable but not characters, their personalities, and motives.

Ross behaves as though he has no one dependant upon him, he takes risks without a thought to what will become of his wife and child if he is killed or incarcerated. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll overlook Ross for now as it's his cousin George that gets my goat.  His play on Elizabeth  just got me so annoyed.

If George hadn't schemed so much to have Ross's life go this way and that, maybe things wouldn't be such as they are now. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

I was very mad at Ross last night!

New Contributor

Oh pleeze!!!  Ross & Elizabeth have so much chemistry, unlike Ross & Demelza.  Indoor Kitty, U need to get outside more.  I like Demelza, but Ross & Elizabeth smolder on cameraSmiley Happy))))

Trusted Contributor

@appm wrote:

Bad Ross!!!  But I'm glad Demelza landed a punch and he landed on his a**.  But I'll continue to watch because I think he is the most gorgeous actor on TV.

I had to re-watch that scene a couple of times!  Demelza packs quite a punch.

Honored Contributor

He didn't see it coming. I loved how she looked down at him like he was nothing and then walked away.

What did he expect when he returned?

As to smoldering, Ross is always smoldering but all I've seen from Elizabeth is doe eyes.

Respected Contributor

@Yellowsub wrote:

Oh pleeze!!!  Ross & Elizabeth have so much chemistry, unlike Ross & Demelza.  Indoor Kitty, U need to get outside more.  I like Demelza, but Ross & Elizabeth smolder on cameraSmiley Happy))))

I think we are watching different Poldarks.  No smoldering from Elizabeth.  She seems pretty s*xless to me.  Demelza and Ross are hot together.  I am so glad she decked him.  He is a dog.  Not sure i will continue to watch.