Trusted Contributor

Poldark Final Season #5 Air Date Announced

I just received a notice that the 5th and Final Season of Poldark will air on 9/29/19.

I am currently binge watching Season 4 to refresh my memory of what was last happening.  Will miss this show.

Honored Contributor

Re: Poldark Final Season #5 Air Date Announced

I enjoy period dramas but have not been able to get into this one.  Believe me, I've tried.  The thing that is strange to me - even surreal - is that most outdoor activity takes place on the beach, with waves rolling in the background.  Yes, it's scenic but didn't they have towns and villages back in the day?

Trusted Contributor

Thank you, @LogoFan - I intend to see it through to its end. Was wondering when the final season would begin. Sooner than I hoped! I'm then going to binge on the original series with my Nan when I next visit her. She claims that was much better in every way. It'll be fun to compare. 

@ValuSkr - it’s not very believable in many ways from a true historical standpoint. Primarily from some of the characters' attitudes and actions. Far-fetched and overly melodramatic, but then it's basically a period soap. 

Maybe they have a very limited scale on which to film. I love the seaside views, but get what you're saying. ☺️

Honored Contributor

@LogoFan Thank you for that information. I will be sure to mark my calendar. Heart

Trusted Contributor

@LogoFan wrote:

I just received a notice that the 5th and Final Season of Poldark will air on 9/29/19.

I am currently binge watching Season 4 to refresh my memory of what was last happening.  Will miss this show.

So will my husband and myself-so few shows that we both enjoy-loved this!!!

Trusted Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I enjoy period dramas but have not been able to get into this one.  Believe me, I've tried.  The thing that is strange to me - even surreal - is that most outdoor activity takes place on the beach, with waves rolling in the background.  Yes, it's scenic but didn't they have towns and villages back in the day?

The ARE in the towns a lot, for instance when they go to Court or someone's office or a Tavern-lots of that.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

The stunning scenery of the coast of Cornwall is almost like another character in this show & adds to the mood of it.

Respected Contributor

@LogoFan   Thanks for the update.  I marked it immediately on my calendar before I finished your post.  This is my favorite program after Downton.  I hate to see them go.

Respected Contributor

@LogoFan 

Thank you.  I'll be watching!