Trusted Contributor

Re: Poitier Fans Alert-- Romantic Drama "A Warm December" TCM

Yes of course, how could I forget Lulu (classic!) and Judy Gleason! Love.

Trusted Contributor

Loved that one too. So poignant. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the heads up @Oznell.  I'm not familiar with this movie and was happy to see your post in time to record it.  I'll look forward to watching it tomorrow or later tonight!  

I adore Sidney Poitier -- even to this day I find him incredibly handsome.  Your description of him is just perfect!

Honored Contributor

There is something exquisitely special about Sidney Poitier.  I am in love with his "being."  His soul is refined, and I sense that he possesses a rare sort of goodness.  

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

There is something exquisitely special about Sidney Poitier.  I am in love with his "being."  His soul is refined, and I sense that he possesses a rare sort of goodness.  

So beautifully put @golding76.  I couldn't agree more.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell,  Smiley Happy

I have not seen this movie...going now to watch- 

My husband just came up and told me ..'this is going to be a good movie'

Will talk with you, AFTER.

"...just saw A Patch of Blue"..... had seen this many time, many years ago. 

Back to you, later or tomorrow.   Thank you. Hello to EVERYONE.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell,  Smiley Happy

I have not seen this movie...going now to watch- 

My husband just came up and told me ..'this is going to be a good movie'

Will talk with you, AFTER.

"...just saw A Patch of Blue"..... had seen this many times, many years ago. 

Back to you, later or tomorrow.   Thank you. Hello to EVERYONE.

Esteemed Contributor

When please? I never saw that movie. I like him too.

Honored Contributor

I just finished watching it and really liked it.  I had never heard of it before.  Not familiar with the actress.  Maybe she was a one movie wonder.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

Firstly, I wanted to tell you, Oznell... from yesterday - - the adjective I posted ..I meant IT as only a NAES joke on words, if you remembered >> extrodinaritly. Of course there is no such sane person/ woman NAES - LIKE who usually does that, but wanted to express it as  extr OH din- AR.."I" tly. My husband laughed at that for over half an hour. Ah ha, Shucks on me. That's my humor with extra as "IK".       error/ extraOrdinARee/ extraordinary is difficult when trying to do an accent. All is well and DUNNE!

Movie was suburb, and the scenery POITIER chose was just beautiful, there in Iver Heath, Bucks, England..(never saw that part of England)...and the flowers were gorgeous.

Poitier is the epitome of a true gentleman and has always, to me, spoken with the flow of his hands so very passionate in anything he expresses with love, anger or intense emotion `of any atmosphere he portrays. I can identify his hands immediately. 

*** I listened carefully to the Jazz cords in the background music- how sensational was that, also the haunting flute?!  The music came in when in England, not to confuse with any music, prior

Ester Anderson, from Jamaica was someone that I had not seen before, as my husband said: Poitier had to have cast her The Perfect Love.

I was lost there for about fifteen minutes, from the beginning..(somewhat -I thought another James Bond similarity), then caught it, the protection of her illness. 

GOT it when she became ill while in the plane, high altitude when she became nauseated and instantly replied..a bit of too much acid ( after the meal). Then I knew eighty percent of her symptoms. GAVE NO HINTS to husband.

I did not like the end. My husband said Yes, the best way.

'I thought after my husband said that, as being selfish, not being married - a woman would not want anyone she loved to know that her LOVE was not to be seeing her die, as he did, one time before.

Really

I thought 'if any time' left, they SHOULD all be together. I know the young daughter, also, knew the (ESTHER's) decision was not the loving>

`[ SO LONG], the {daughter}, she`, being a stronger person than the two adults.

The story line was indeed very beautifully thrown IN and unique, but the characters that were too anger looking, I thought something thrown IN, liking the same as an inside mafia.

POINT TAKEN: watching her, almost controlling her personal inner _wish_ for last days were very disturbing. As though she could not think for herself.

ACTUALLY NO 'love closure' that I caught. Something was missing. SAD!

Oh, spotted Harrods in a blink; walked in there with around $500.00 (USA) and came out with a 10" X 10" shopping bag around my wrist...the famous little dark green bag. All sales representative ladies call you Lady Winnifred or whatever one's first name is. 

Interesting to the end....I give 4 stars. 

* "ask me anything about this movie, I am typing so fast, I probably left something out that YOU or YOU may have noted.

NAES