Respected Contributor

Pocketful Of Miracles (Movie)

It's on tonight @ 8:00pm on THIS TV channel 490 (NYC) If you like to smile and watch a fun movie, watch this one. The cast is great - Glenn Ford, Bette Davis, Hope Lange, Peter Falk and many more. There's not a lot on tv lately (IMO) so maybe, give it a try. The movie is about  a superstitious, Runyonnesque mobster, Dave The Dude (Glenn Ford) who turns a Beggar Woman, Apple Annie (Bette Davis) into a Manhattan Dowager. By his side, his girlfriend (Hope Lange) an one of his sidekicks,  Peter Falk and many others. I've seen this movie countless times. It's a remake of Frank Capra's 1933, "Lady For A Day". 

If you have time to kill and want to put your feet up, there you go!

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

Re: Pocketful Of Miracles (Movie)

I adore that movie!  Have seen it more times than I can count.

Denise
Honored Contributor

our cable system unfortunately removed THIS TV and it is too difficult to get via an antennae.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am here with Sun, we no longer get THIS on Comcast. But, the same movie is often aired on TCM, debut for Ann Margret

Trusted Contributor

I have Optimum and THIS TV but it has a different movie at 8PM.

Respected Contributor

You've got me thinking about POM now - what a stellar supporting cast!

Besides Ann-Margret's debut, there was Arthur O'Connell, Thomas Mitchell, Mickey Shaunessy and Edward Everett Horton.

Denise