Esteemed Contributor

Let me start by saying I don't believe any commercial claims.  They are looking to get your money.

In the commercial seceral people use it and, of course, are happy with the rsults.  One older man sees himself after using it and declares "I look like I did in college!"   Ah, no you don't.

Another woman, 61, and a personal trainer says she looks 20 yrs. younger.  In no world does she look 41.

Are they just following the script, do they really believe they look that much younger, or do they think potential customers are that gulllible in this youth obsessed world.

Trusted Contributor

Yeah, following the script. I don't think that exercise gal is 61, she has to be at least in her 70's, she looks tough.

Honored Contributor

They should remove that product from the air.  

Esteemed Contributor

@wishmoon  I think she spent a lot of time in the sun.

Valued Contributor

@wishmoon You're being kind.  Her skin looks like hide.  She's no asset to that commercial.

Honored Contributor

Pay me enough money and I will swear it makes me look like Lassie!   Woof!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

They should remove that product from the air.  

@rms1954.  Why?  It's no different than any other cosmetic sales pitch on TV, including QVC.  They're all based on lies and exaggerations.  It does work slightly and temporarily.  It's not new; I bought a similar product on ShopNBC about 20 years ago.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

Yeah, following the script. I don't think that exercise gal is 61, she has to be at least in her 70's, she looks tough.

She is not a good advertisement for personal trainers!

Respected Contributor

it's not a good product.

Unfortunately, I purchased it but could only use it on my chest and neck area - it gave a nice smoothing appearance there and due to the location, it didn't show any telltale white film or look obscenely different when it wore off.....which btw was in less than 4 hours.

Trusted Contributor

The Plexaderm comercial is just about the most irritating obnoxious commercial on TV. Not to mention that it's probably a crappy product because, at least to my old eyes. there is practically no difference between the befores and afters! 

And that woman announcer's screechy voice is worse than nails on a chalkboard.