Frequent Contributor

Please tell me it is not just me

I always thought the Progressive Commercials with Flo could not get any worse... And now there are at least 10 Flo's as various family members............ I would not buy this insurance just because the commercials are so annoying............... That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

Re: Please tell me it is not just me

It is disgusting and creepy!

Honored Contributor

I've finally seen this new one. Yeah, it's pretty lame. I cannot stand this character anyway, but there are a couple of them that are even more lame. I guess the character sells, otherwise we wouldn't see so much of it.

Honored Contributor

I rarely watch anything in real time .... just fast forward through the commercials so most of them I'm not even aware of.

Saves lots of time.

Honored Contributor

The remote control is a wonderful thing.

Honored Contributor

I understand what the OP is saying. I do change the channel (I hate commercials, all commercials). They aren't informative, just annoying, all of them.

I also understand what the OP means when he/she says they wouldn't buy that brand because they find the commercials that annoying. I feel that way about some commercials.

I actually sent Greta Van Sustern (Fox cable news) an email telling her that as an older widow I'm sick of all of the commercials for men who have problems (you know what I mean), over and over.

I told her I know she has no control over the commercials, but perhaps she could put in a word somewhere that if I have to sit through that stuff (over and over) why don't they make others sit through some feminine commercials (only right).

If I have to look at two people sitting in a bathtub looking at the sunset one more time (well, I don't, I change the channel) and by then am interested in another show (I told her that).

Did it do any good? Not much. I have noticed every now and then a commercial for females with similar problems. Oh! Well! At least it's a tiny change.

There have been several products I absolutely won't buy because I HATE their commercials. That also is my choice.

Commercials are mostly 'sold' to males around early 30's to mid to late 50's. Sorry guys, but that's the ages when they are often married and usually the females of the family are the decision makers.

You'd think advertisers would realize that. But I guess they don't.

Super Contributor

I love Flo! The commercials I can't stand now are the new ones with a woman trying to speak with a secksy voice and talking about those pills for men. That's creepy!

Super Contributor

She is so annoying.

Esteemed Contributor

IT ISN'T JUST YOU!!!!!!!!!

Super Contributor

On 11/26/2014 chickenbutt said:

I've finally seen this new one. Yeah, it's pretty lame. I cannot stand this character anyway, but there are a couple of them that are even more lame. I guess the character sells, otherwise we wouldn't see so much of it.

Agreed......was just commenting to my DH that the majority of these commercials are irritating, just as he was chuckling while watching one of them! LOL!