Esteemed Contributor

Re: Planet of the Apes movie....

Date night with hubby going to see the new one finally in 3D no less at 12 midnight!  I definitely need a nap.

Honored Contributor

Tomorrow morning at 6:15 am IFC is showing the original Planet Of The Apes, 8:45 am Beneath The Planet Of The Apes,10:45 am  Escape From Planet Of The Apes, 1:00 pm, Conquest Of The Planet Of The Apes , and 3:00 pm Battle For The Planet Of The Apes.  Then on FXX the newer ones are on, Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes 5:30 pm  and Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes 8:00 pm.

Respected Contributor

I remember the ending of the first one, with Charlton Heston looking at the head of the Statue of Liberty in the river and saying something like, they really did it, they really blew it up. Whatever he said, and seeing the head of the Statue of Liberty, really made an impression, to say the least it was a surprise ending.

Honored Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

I remember the ending of the first one, with Charlton Heston looking at the head of the Statue of Liberty in the river and saying something like, they really did it, they really blew it up. Whatever he said, and seeing the head of the Statue of Liberty, really made an impression, to say the least it was a surprise ending.

@chiclets, I love the part when Taylor gets caught in the net after trying to escape, saying "take your stinking paws off me you ****** dirty ape".

Esteemed Contributor

Ok we saw the movie loved it even in 3D although it made me jump a few times....lol.  I've seen them all except the one with Mark Wahlberg whom I love in his other movies but find it difficult to get through this particular one but I'll keep trying but I've heard mixed reviews about it.

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan

I watched all the old ones recently before I went to see the newest one. I enjoyed all of them and will definitely go to future ones, too.

Valued Contributor

I just watched "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" on FX movie channel. I liked it! This is the first one I've seen of all the newer versions of the Planet of the Apes movies. That Koba was scary. LOL! I guess this was the last one made before the one that's out right now in the theaters. I hope to see it this weekend or next.
Honored Contributor

Haven't seen the last one yet, but in the same vein as Star Wars, these aren't your typical everyday movies. So, brain waves, here I come. LOL