Respected Contributor

Re: Pillow Talk Turner Movies

Yup, we had a party line when I was a kid. Love Doris Day. One of my favorite movies that is rarely shown is "It Happened to Jane", with Jack Lemmon and Ernie Kovacs. She was a wonderful actress and lucky her with all her leading men.

Honored Contributor

Please don't forget "Midnight Lace" if you love Doris Day.

She DEFINITELY had the dramatic "chops" for "dark" as well as "frothy light"!

Honored Contributor

Those are such bad movies.

Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:
@twinsistereveryone dressed so much nicer in those days. I miss them. Society changed for the worst in my opinion. Those simpler times were so much fun.

My mother had some beautiful outfits, heels, matching purse, hats and gloves. Always high fashion.

She made sure I had nice clothes too. I miss her and those lovely outfits. My first pair of heels were navy blue "kitten" heels.

I have to say, though, that I do NOT miss the overstructured bras, heavy tight elastic  girdles with garter belts or garter belts alone. Stockings without lycra that needed adjusting all day. Later, pantyhose that never fit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really love the Doris Day romantic comedies, light fun entertainment ..... and taking in all the fashion and home decor from that decade is a bonus....

(In "Midnight Lace" she showed she could act in dramatic roles too)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@candyagain wrote:

@Reever wrote:
@twinsistereveryone dressed so much nicer in those days. I miss them. Society changed for the worst in my opinion. Those simpler times were so much fun.

My mother had some beautiful outfits, heels, matching purse, hats and gloves. Always high fashion.

She made sure I had nice clothes too. I miss her and those lovely outfits. My first pair of heels were navy blue "kitten" heels.

I have to say, though, that I do NOT miss the overstructured bras, heavy tight elastic  girdles with garter belts or garter belts alone. Stockings without lycra that needed adjusting all day. Later, pantyhose that never fit.

PSHAW, I can remember having to straighten stockings WITH SEAMS!