Honored Contributor

Pieces of A Woman On Netflix

I watched this movie yesterday, it stars Vanessa Kirby ( The Crown), Shia LaBeouf, Ellen Burstyn, and Sarah Snook ( Succession). "A heartbreaking home birth leave a woman grappling with the profound emotional fallout, isolated from her partner and family by a chasm of grief". The birth took up to a half hour of the two hour film, too much for me. This is a sad tale, I didn't love it, but maybe some of you will.

Respected Contributor

Re: Pieces of A Woman On Netflix

I heard it was too much for some people , i think i will have to skip this one , no matter how good the acting.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 I saw it through.  It is a profound story about a woman who had a home birth wherein the baby did not survive.  The acting and cinematography was supurb and drew one into the heartbreaking loss.  Anyone who has lost a child during birth will understand.  The movie is dark but it shows the true feelings of the loss.  very well acted. some may find it quite depressing but I found it profoundly sad for the child's mother and all family involved.

Trusted Contributor

I watched this recently.  It wasn't an easy movie to watch.  It's one of those movies that I didn't love but was glad I watched it.