Trusted Contributor

Along this same line, does anyone get calls from a lady who says you have been pre-approved for a very low interest credit card?  She calls from a different number everyday and I always interrupt her and say I don't want or need a credit card, then I hang up.

Same deal with several calls a day wanting me to contribute money to the police department!

Honored Contributor

Yes, at least twice a day for the last 8 weeks calls from Healthcare Systems are made to our landline.  When it's a male caller, his opening line is "I understand you are diabetic...".   When it's a female caller, her opening line is "Our records show you have back pain..."

Respected Contributor

@123SuzyQ123 wrote:

Along this same line, does anyone get calls from a lady who says you have been pre-approved for a very low interest credit card?  She calls from a different number everyday and I always interrupt her and say I don't want or need a credit card, then I hang up.

Same deal with several calls a day wanting me to contribute money to the police department!

I get those calls from "the police dept" at least once a month and they make it sound like if you don't want to contribute to their "fund" something bad could happen. They make it sound like protection money. I never answer but laugh my fool head off at their stupid, scare tactics messages.

Honored Contributor

@Danky2    Why do you continue to answer your phone when this man calls?  In doing so, you're just letting him know that your number has a potential customer who will talk to him.  LET IT RING.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Danky2    Why do you continue to answer your phone when this man calls?  In doing so, you're just letting him know that your number has a potential customer who will talk to him.  LET IT RING.

I know I should not but after about 5 calls from HEALTHCARE a day I am ready to scream!

I am this close to having my landline disconnected but I have had the same number for 35 years.......I get the random calls from people who want to give me credit cards, loan me money, fix whatever they think is wrong with me but this HEALTHCARE people are out of there minds. I would love to take it to the end and see what they want. 

Valued Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Yes, at least twice a day for the last 8 weeks calls from Healthcare Systems are made to our landline.  When it's a male caller, his opening line is "I understand you are diabetic...".   When it's a female caller, her opening line is "Our records show you have back pain..."

REDTOP....they ask me the same things or tell me they are sending something to me.

I have never had a female caller and everyone has an accent. You are right.....it has been going on for around 8 weeks. Now they start by telling me "this call is being recorded"...

why I would care I cannot imagine,

Honored Contributor

I'm with other posters.....just don't answer the call!  If it's important, they'll leave a message.....(which you can pick up in the midst of the message if it's someone you do want to talk with).  And if they don't leave a message, most often I will block the call.

Esteemed Contributor

@silkyk :  Many years ago when nuisance calls were very rare I got several of these Police fundraising calls.  I called my local police dept and inquired if these were real and in fact they'd hired a company to make these calls.  I unloaded about how obnoxious these were and I never got another police call at that address. If one of that type slips through ( they use a local prefix whereas most of these calls use a clone of my out of state number) I cut them off and say send me our solicitation through the mail ( they never do).

Valued Contributor

I get calls that my car warranty has expired..

I told her yes it expired and so did the car!

I don't answer anymore..Most of those callers don't leave messages.

Honored Contributor

ladies, just stop answering the phone, the more you do the more they know there's a live one to be hooked

get a voice mail/answering machine