Esteemed Contributor

Phoenix Rising - Great Documentary!

I watched both episodes of Phoenix Rising today it was an eye-opener. Its about the actress, Evan Rachel Wood, and the horrendous abuse she endured from her former boyfriend Marilyn Manson (Brian Warner). I highly recommend this doc! Its scary to see that there are still very abusive males of all ages and economic backgrounds, and levels of success...horribly abusing women. I've always liked Evan Rachel Wood and its heartbreaking to see what she has been through. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Phoenix Rising - Great Documentary!

Thanks. Going to watch it right now.

Honored Contributor

Where is this on? I've been meaning to check it out. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

We have way too much of this abusive behavior in my area, and that is just what is reported. Recently one of these animals brought his girlfriend to our local er and made up a bogus story about her many injuries. The alert staff managed to get her alone ( he refused to leave ) and the police were called. When they searched the home  ,they found he had killed her dog. It is hard sometimes impossible for these woman to get away, and if they do quite often it triggers the abuser to further acts of violence. It makes me ill to read about the fear these women live with.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse  HBO Mini series

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1   This is so hard to read....killing one's precious pet.  Most likely, his dog was her unconditional love and support when the abuse got rough.  He went after what she loved.  This is extreme abuse and, unfortunately, today many of these disturbed people are walking when going before the judicial system.  ( s---x abusers are the worst.) I'm sorry you are in a position to witness this event, but grateful that you would be supportive and present for the victim.  

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@QVCkitty1   This is so hard to read....killing one's precious pet.  Most likely, his dog was her unconditional love and support when the abuse got rough.  He went after what she loved.  This is extreme abuse and, unfortunately, today many of these disturbed people are walking when going before the judicial system.  ( s---x abusers are the worst.) I'm sorry you are in a position to witness this event, but grateful that you would be supportive and present for the victim.  

@phoenixbrd , This happened in my town, but I had no hand in helping, I just read the story. Sadly this is a too common occurrence around here. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Disturbing, for sure.  I figured MM was eccentric, but didn't know he was dangerous.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse   You're welcome

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif