Respected Contributor

Re: Phantom Thread is on TCM Tonight 7/30

I missed the beginning but did watch most of it. I'm not sure what to think of this movie although I did really appreciate the acting. Hubby and I were eating when we switched over to it after it had already started. And he said, "Look, there's that actor from your most favorite movie ever." Oh yes, I really, really loved The Age of Innocence!

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

I missed the beginning but did watch most of it. I'm not sure what to think of this movie although I did really appreciate the acting. Hubby and I were eating when we switched over to it after it had already started. And he said, "Look, there's that actor from your most favorite movie ever." Oh yes, I really, really loved The Age of Innocence!

@pupwhipped 

I may have to watch this movie, as I love Michelle Pfeiffer .... and Siskeo & Ebert gave it two thumbs up ....  I loved those guys.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I checked Netflix and they have it there too.

@GenXmuse  I could not find it on Netflix.  I used the "Search" feature.  The title came up but not the movie.  How did you find/locate the movie?

confused.gif

I checked AP & they have the movie to rent.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@GenXmuse  I could not find it on Netflix.  I used the "Search" feature.  The title came up but not the movie.  How did you find/locate the movie?

confused.gif

@Mz iMac wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

confused.gif

I searched for Phantom Thread on google and it gave me a list of places to stream off to the right of the page. I clicked on Netflix and it took me to the movie and it started playing  When I searched for the movie on Netflix it didn't show up though. Very confusing. 

Honored Contributor

The movie is not what I expected. It's sort of boring if you ask me.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The movie is not what I expected. It's sort of boring if you ask me.

SPOILER

It was very dark @SilleeMee . He was a very cantankerous individual and their relationship was rather sick

@SilleeMee . If she didn't end up killing him, I would be amazed. She was playing with fire with those mushrooms.😳🙄