Esteemed Contributor

Peter Fonda passed away today age 79

Ride on to Heaven  Easy Rider

Super Contributor

Re: Peter Fonda passed away today age 79

I’m sad to hear this. He was a favorite of mine. 

Trusted Contributor

Easy Rider affected me in a very deep way. When the movie came out, I saw it in a theater. I was living a somewhat hippie lifestyle then. I say "somewhat" because I have always had a huge work ethic.

Even now, at 70,  I consider Easy Rider to be an American cinematic feat.

Respected Contributor

He'll always be known/remembered for Easy Rider.  I hope TCM runs the movie over the weekend.

Was he older or younger than Jane? 

May he RIP.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Were He and Jane close?  I can not think of a time recently that they were in a picture together.

Esteemed Contributor

Peter is the younger brother of Jane

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Fonda

I don't know if they were close.  My impression of the Fondas are not so close, as with Jane and her dad Henry.

Honored Contributor

His sister Jane Fonda said in a statement, “I am very sad. He was my sweet-hearted baby brother. The talker of the family. I have had beautiful alone time with him these last days. He went out laughing.”

His wife Parky released a statement on behalf of the family, saying “In one of the saddest moments of our lives, we are not able to find the appropriate words to express the pain in our hearts…And, while we mourn the loss of this sweet and gracious man, we also wish for all to celebrate his indomitable spirit and love of life. In honor of Peter, please raise a glass to freedom.”

(Variety)

Honored Contributor

He is one of the icons of my generation.  A lesser one, to be sure, but his Easy Rider captured the revolutionary stirrings many of us felt.  The movie was iconoclastic for its time.  Everyone, it seemed, was trying to find his or her way in the new world. 

RIP, dear Peter.

Honored Contributor

I saw Easy Rider in the movies twice when it came out.  I related to it at the time and the ending spoke truth even in today's world.  That was the first time I saw Jack Nicholson and loved his movies thereafter. 

Peter Fonda, whenever I saw him in an interview seemed a genuinely caring person and his passing is a loss. May he be at peace with God.

Honored Contributor

R.I.P. Captain America.