Esteemed Contributor

Re: Perry Mason

[ Edited ]

The Perry Mason TV Show book by Brian Kelleher and Diana Merrill indicates that Perry lost 3  cases:

• The Case of the Terrified Typist  June 1958
  • The Case of the Witless Witness (not a murder case)  May 1963
  • The Case of the Deadly Verdict  October 1963
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager Book sounds great. I am going to see if I can find it.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 The new Peryy Mason is an abomination!

Respected Contributor

When the series first was casting they had William Hopper as Perry Mason and Raymond Burr as Paul Drake. What a different show that would have been. So glad they switched them!

Honored Contributor

I thought it was Raymond Burr as the DA. He was a wonderful DA in Place in the Sun.

Honored Contributor

Angie Dickenson played a Indian gal on 'Gunsmoke' had on a dark wig and make up didn't recognize her till she started talking. always had that wispy way of talking like Kim Novak.

Esteemed Contributor

My old TV favorites are Gunsmoke, Perry Mason and The Andy Griffith Show. Not Andy too much now because they keep repeating too often.

Right now I'm watching Perry Mason which started at 8 and then another one that comes on at 9pm.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Angie Dickenson played a Indian gal on 'Gunsmoke' had on a dark wig and make up didn't recognize her till she started talking. always had that wispy way of talking like Kim Novak.

@SharkE  I've seen that episode a few times and each time she fooled me until she started talking.

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 

@kaydee50 wrote:

DH loves watching Perry.  He's seen each episode at least 6 times.  He started recording the episodes to skip the endless commercials.  And yes, times were different in the late '50 and '60s--smoking, well dressed, men wore hats, women wore hats and gloves.  A trip down memory lane.

Yes, we dressed well going out and I loved it. We wouldn't think of going to town, I lived in San Francisco, without being well dressed.  Those were not the days of sweats or jeans on women, but dresses and skirts.  I don't remember what we called slacks being worn.  

I still dress when I am out today, although usually pants, nice top, makeup and hair done. Depending what function I'm going to, it might be a nice dress.  I love to dress for me.  I still feel good about it.

Esteemed Contributor

Forgot, when Raymond Burr moved to teach at Somona State University as a professor, I waited on him a few times.