Honored Contributor

Perry Mason two-hour TV movies

On Decades TV channel.  All day long today, tonight, and I believe also Sunday.  The made for TV 2-hour movies.  Excellent!  Enjoy Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Contributor

Re: Perry Mason two-hour TV movies

I am watching them right now and loving them.  Pity they don't make these kind of tv shows anymore.

Honored Contributor

We own all of the Perry Mason movies and really have enjoyed them.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The marathons on Decades run weekends thru Monday mornings at 7 AM

Honored Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

We own all of the Perry Mason movies and really have enjoyed them.

@Group 5 minus 1

Who plays Perry Mason?   I doubt it was Raymond Burr.  

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 I assume these are the tv movies made after the series ended. So, yes, they do star Raymond Burr as Perry Mason (and Barbara Hale as Della Street). There were several of them throughout the 80's.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Excellent film-ography (or whatever it's called) and background music.  Lots of on location scenes, too.  In real buildings, stores, homes, etc.  Barbara Hale (plays Della Street) is very beautiful.  ............. Btw, I'm the one who thinks that 'Frank' on Blue Bloods should have a semi-romantic-friendship-work-related closeness with a recurring female character. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

p.s.  I'm paying very close attention to the excellent background music.  I'll have to 'look up' the music credits.  ............. Also, a great variety of well-known celebrities in their younger (early acting-wise) years.   Truly very refreshing TV movies.  I'm add*cted. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

'As a matter of fact', re: one of the episodes I watched last evening:   At the end of a successful trial, Perry and Della were standing at the top of the courthouse building stairs.  Perry had been gifting various items to Della on her birthdays, including that year.   His very last sentence of this episode was something like 'When you are 96 (years old)............."   ...........   Then I thought about her (Barbara Hale's) real recent passing.  She was 96 years old.  CORRECTION:  She was 94 or 95 years old when she passed, depending on sources.  ' But, still.'......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

D i ck Benedictus wrote all the background music, but someone else is given credit for writing the original theme music, read the credits at the end of each of the movies.