Honored Contributor

Look for him in "Ironsides"  (was in a wheelchair for that show)

then he went on to "Centennial", that was a super series!!!

Honored Contributor

Count me in too.  I love everything about it, Della, Paul Drake, the sophisticated pecan-wood paneled office high above L.A.....

Raymond Burr was in another great film noir,  "Pitfall",  which is actually on youtube and you can google it and watch the whole thing.  He plays an obsessive private detective, a quite unpleasant character, but he plays him so well!   Completely different from his meticulous, well-bred "Perry Mason" character.

Richard Powell and Raymond Burr both end up vying for the affections of beautiful model Lizabeth Scott in this movie--  it's so good I ended up getting it on DVD, even though I can watch it for free on youtube!

Respected Contributor

I love the old Perry Mason shows! It's funny watching him at the end, right before he solves the case, he gets so dramatic and is always yelling at the person on the stand. 

Regular Contributor

Another 1 of my favorite old shows. Always hoped Perry and Della got together.  There were an awful lot of late nights in that office.  Sometimes you could see the playfulness between them.   I remember 1 episode where Perry was sick and he was staying home.  He lived in a beautiful, 60's style apartment.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Perry Mason fans?

[ Edited ]

I never miss Perry Mason on METV in the morning and at night. Just the look on Della's face told how much she was  in love with him. Didn't he know? I felt so sorry for Della lol. Would never stop watching. I love the way Paul Drake always called her "Hi Beautiful" That was so sweet.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Raymond Burr ~ there's a quiet, still quality about him as an actor, that keeps your eyes on him.

Someone was talking about "Crime of Passion" the other day ~ he played a "bad guy" in that movie, also.

Respected Contributor

Thank you to all who responded.  I definitely will try to watch your suggestions.  Great topic!

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

@Gardengal55 wrote:

Another 1 of my favorite old shows. Always hoped Perry and Della got together.  There were an awful lot of late nights in that office.  Sometimes you could see the playfulness between them.   I remember 1 episode where Perry was sick and he was staying home.  He lived in a beautiful, 60's style apartment.

@Gardengal55  -  I think that episode was on this past week.

Honored Contributor

And speaking of Ironside my fav episode is I,the People starring Milton Berle.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Valued Contributor

I love Perry Mason, I only remember watching it in repeats, but, loved every episode. I try to catch it every once in awhile.