Regular Contributor

I wish that television shows like this were still produced.  I watch mostly old shows and movies.  I used to tell my children when they were little that black and white movies and TV shows have black and white values.  My 14 year old grandson told me a couple of years ago that when he was little, he thought that I had grown up in a world that was black and white.  I told him that the values I lived with were black and white so perhaps I  did grow up in a black and white world!

Honored Contributor

Got the video from the library of the final season. Really enjoyed the next to last episode with Gary Conway. Another great film he was in is Blue Gardenia where he plays a serial ra***.  If you are a fan of Noir Alley on TCM he does appear in many of those.

If you a reader the book Hiding in Plain Sight is an excellent biography of his life. He was a good person.

Supposedly Alfred H. chose him for Rear Window was because he looked like someone AH did not care for.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Valued Contributor

I'll have to look for that book.

I know in his later years he and his partner owned a winery. He wasn't acting too much then but he did do an Ironsides TV movie with his character owning a winery.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Honored Contributor

@luvzchiz wrote:

I recently discovered Perry Mason on ME TV.  I was too young to watch the originals: although my mom loved the show. 

Being a Law & Order nerd, all variations of L & O, I have become addicted to PM.  

Love Raymond Burr. 

@luvzchiz

I do like ME TV and some of the classic TV shows on their lineup!  Oh yes, I DO like the Perry Mason shows. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@azgal wrote:

@software Yeah, he was the suspected bad guy in Rear Window.

@azgalThat always freaked me out because i have always been a Perry Mason (and Della) fan!  Does anyone know what day or time MeTV plays the re-runs? Tia : )

P.S. 'Love Rear Window and watch whenever it's on!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Trusted Contributor

I love the show bc they put me to sleep. I tape them and when I want to take a nap, I watch. Rarely sees who did it. Lol

Honored Contributor

Perry Mason reruns are on at 9am  M-F and 11:30 PM M-F. That's Eastern Time.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Valued Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1  thank you!  I'll try for 11:30 PM.  When the series was new and originally aired, i used to love watching it in the dark at night.  I used to consider the show a thriller! Maybe i was just a 'fraidy cat!  lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Honored Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1  It's also Pacific time.

Honored Contributor

Good for you, that was a great show!!!!