Respected Contributor

Despite the poor reviews, I'll watch.

Apparently it shows Perry Mason (Matthew Rhys) as a private investigator before becoming the savvy attorney.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Perry Mason begins on HBO

If you have Comcast/Xfinity, they show the original Perry Mason on Sundance channel every Monday. It is a marathon. Just thought you might want to know if you don't have HBO.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the heads up! I am a big fan of the original Perry Mason and I love Matthew Rys.

Honored Contributor

!'m glad they're reusing the show's distinctive theme music.

Honored Contributor

I am planning on watching it. I hope I can be neutral. I am such a big Raymond Burr fan.

Honored Contributor

It might be good, who knows... But to me, it just reads as another tweaked retread... Continues to amaze that with all the supposed talent, and very well paid talent at that, in the entertainment industry, they seem singularly incapable of real creativity or of producing fresh, new concepts...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I watched the previews. Not interested. 

Respected Contributor

Raymond Burr is the one and only Perry Mason IMO.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@elated wrote:

If you have Comcast/Xfinity, they show the original Perry Mason on Sundance channel every Monday. It is a marathon. Just thought you might want to know if you don't have HBO.

@elated: Just an F.Y.I.  The original Perry Mason series can also be seen every day (twice a day) on METV. 

Honored Contributor

At first, I thought it had potential.  Then read @Jordan2's latest post about how they're turning Perry into a drunk, dishevled, seedy character...

I have no problem at all with a new fictional trial attorney being depicted that way, but "Perry" has such a distinctive personality.  His 'calling card' was that he was brilliant, meticulous, sharp as a tack, cunning, and with faultless manners (and grammar!)  Raymond Burr had him so down cold!

The new version now holds little appeal for me.