Valued Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

Very sad news.

I remember an episode of "Wings" where she played a teacher Brian had a crush on as a kid.  When they reconnected when he was an adult, she was still lovely.

That was a good episode. She still looked good and you could tell why he had the crush. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know Mod Squad but...

Twin Peaks is one of my favorite shows ever.  She was a great actress and terrific and luminous  in it.   And she was again in 2017's Showtime "Twin Peaks: The Return." 

It's amazing how many of the actors have died during and since the 2017 version.  I'm glad Peggy Lipton got to be in it and Norma got her happily ever after after 25 years.  I wish Peggy had more years.

Honored Contributor

Re: Peggy Lipton - RIP

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

Am sorry to hear this. Always liked her sensitivity.  I even read a memoir she wrote-- very eye opening.  RIP.

@Oznell   I read her autobiography too, if that's what you are referring to.  She talked about what a great kisser Paul McCartney was (of course I remember that part the best) and how he stood her up on a date once and she saw him out with Linda Eastman (who later became Mrs. MACCA) instead that same evening.  

I also thought it intertesting how at first her parents didn't like her going out with Quincy Jones but they (or at least her mother for sure, don't remember much about her dad) ended up loving him, he had such a winning personality.

I liked her book.  I always envied her looks when she was on the Mod Squad (Twiggy-ish) but she couldn't act worth a darn (I only saw her on MS, not Twin Peaks). Always that deadpan expression, no emotion.

Honored Contributor

@Carol Diane wrote:

It has stuck in my head since I was little that she dated Paul McCartney and how lucky she was!  She was a beautiful woman...RIP

And she was  married to Quincy Jones.  I loved her in Mod Squad and twin peaks.

Honored Contributor

I remember some amusing stunts from the book @Pearlee. Her childhood, to me, was poignant-- her shyness and introversion something she had to contend with...

Her Russian-Jewish background was interesting on both sides, and I think her mother was born in Ireland, also of Russian-Jewish ancestry.

I came away with a feeling that Hollywood had been very hard on her, and the picture of it that she portrayed was coarse, brutal even--  it made be sad for her, even though of course she achieved great success early on. 

Super Contributor

That is so sad!  I'm getting up to close that age now, too.  Makes you really think about life.  Healthy so far but it could all change just like that.  

Esteemed Contributor

I hadn't heard this.  I loved her in Mod Squad but didn't watch Twin Peaks.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

She was so pretty, I always thought. Her daughters are gorgeous!!!!!!So young, so sad!