Respected Contributor

I was a big, big, big Pee-wee fan.  Can't emphasize the word "big" enough.  Loved him.  Everyone who knew me knew how insane I was for him and his character.  I had the pleasure of seeing him when he was first making a name for himself.  He asked for a volunteer from the audience to play "disguise" with him.  Of course, my hand was first in the air so he chose me!  He took out a very thick black kohl eyeliner (remember those?) and drew a mustache, a Frankenstein scar, bolt on my neck, and freckles on my face.  I loved it and stayed with it all on my face all night long!!  My then-boyfriend (hubby now) took a picture which I proudly showed everyone!!  Fast forward to 2021.  Paul Reubens was in Orlando at some event so we drove over, waited in line, and was able to speak with Paul face-to-face.  Bucket list item checked!!  I showed him the picture from 1983 of me with all his drawings on my face.  He thought it was hilarious and took a photo of my photo.  Unfortunately, I was not allowed to take any personal photos with him and his autograph was something like $100.  We shook hands and laughed and it was amazing!!   I'm so happy to have met him and shared with him how big a fan of his I was.  I am happy to have that memory.  I just had to share it with you - I didn't mean to bore anyone.  We will miss you, Paul Reubens.  RIP.

Honored Contributor

@BarbiHollywood  thank you for sharing your personal experiences with Mr. Reubens. I wasn't as familiar with him as some so my purpose for reading this thread was different than others. I was looking for that one post which would make me feel like I knew him a little better. Yours was that post. Next time when you share, remember no apologies necessary.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Respected Contributor

@Tique   Thank you for your kind words!!  I type like I talk (that's why my posts are usually so lengthy!), but I truly am saddened that he has left us.  I appreciate your lovely reply post.  Enjoy your day!  :-)

Frequent Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@BarbiHollywood  thank you for sharing your personal experiences with Mr. Reubens. I wasn't as familiar with him as some so my purpose for reading this thread was different than others. I was looking for that one post which would make me feel like I knew him a little better. Yours was that post. Next time when you share, remember no apologies necessary.

Well said @Tique !

ITA @BarbiHollywood , thank you.

Frequent Contributor

I was so sorry to hear this. Pee-Wee always made me smile.