Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paula Faris Next To Exit The View

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

I liked her well enough but I always wondered how much she'd be able to openly speak her opinion about anything being a GMA host.  Then, too, Whoopie and Joy, much as I like them, don't let people voice there opinions too easily given their strong personalities.

Ya think!?  If you don't agree with the two of them that won't let you speak,  the title The View is a joke!  This show needs to go, ratings are awful as well.

Respected Contributor

Great!  She's more than annoying - I see her on (GMA?) a morning news show on weekends and egads!  Get her off the air!

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched that show in years.  The only two people I know are Joy what's her face and Whoopi (ugh to both of them).  I think they give females a bad name.  They are so opinionated and loud mouthed.  If you don't agree with them, then they act like a person is stupid (they are stupid).

Honored Contributor

I ask Why Raven and Whoopi are on this show? They both should be fired.  They add nothing.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

I appreciated Paula but I think Sunny and Jedidiah are better fits.  Although I'm not a fan of Sunny's POV most of the time, she redeems herself with her legal mind on certain topics.  Jedidiah is just perfect to stand up to Joy and Whoopi who do run over the others more often than they should and Jedidiah just won't have herself dismissed.  Good for her.    

I was so excited about Sarah but just as fast I am so over her and her personal problems as hot topics.  I think she is very overwhelmed ever since the kid and she's just not the same.  She looks almost scared to be there some days.  

I kind of like the rotation but I would never miss Raven or Paula and I like that Whoopi takes Fridays off and Joy has vacation time.   

From my limited exposure to this show, I agree with much of what you have said.  I do think The View has turned into a heavily left-leaning political show. 

I also believe in equality and often take a middle of the road stance on issues.  I want to hear facts and then opinions offered up by both sides--much like the old Crossfire with Paul Begala and Tucker Carlson.  But to bring fairness, perhaps there should be two liberals and two conservatives. And in reality, Whoopi and Joy would have to learn how to play nicely in the sandbox or put a sock in it!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

They made a huge huge mistake letting Nichole Wallace go. Whoever is executive producing that show now is making some very bad decisions. If anyone should have been let go, it should have been Candace who isn't there half the time and adds very little to it when she IS there. I am kind of liking Sunny Hostens, though. Pardon me if I didn't get her name spelled correctly. I don't think I've ever seen it spelled out.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

I liked her well enough but I always wondered how much she'd be able to openly speak her opinion about anything being a GMA host.  Then, too, Whoopie and Joy, much as I like them, don't let people voice there opinions too easily given their strong personalities.

Ya think!?  If you don't agree with the two of them that won't let you speak,  the title The View is a joke!  This show needs to go, ratings are awful as well.

That's funny because of the times I have seen it, I have no doubt where all of them are coming from, politically, personally, and religiously.

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie

I only catch the beginning of that show once or twice a week at most, and find them all talking at the same time to be just too annoying for words.  However, what I've observed is that the conservatives DO manage to give opinions when they have something to say.  Hasselbeck was definitely the worst ... she managed to break in and interrupt President Obama three separate times .... who does that?   Her mother should be mortified at the poor manners  .... interrupting a World Leader? Really?    I was very glad to see her go, but I see she didn't last long on Fox, either.   

Valued Contributor

Elizabeth didn't last long on Fox (about 2 years) but she was on the View 10 years.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44, I don't know how true it is but Hasselbeck said she left because she wanted to spend more time with her kids.  I think there was more to it, though.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)