Super Contributor

Paul McCartney on Late Night with Stephen Colbert

Great to see Sir Paul McCartney last night. Stephen Colbert’s conversation with him was very interesting and enjoyable. Paul was humble and still is moved by how his music touches people. I also loved the picture of his eight grandchildren.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paul McCartney on Late Night with Stephen Colbert

@LadyAlice wrote:
Great to see Sir Paul McCartney last night. Stephen Colbert’s conversation with him was very interesting and enjoyable. Paul was humble and still is moved by how his music touches people. I also loved the picture of his eight grandchildren.

I recorded this and will watch it later.  I watch Stephen every night and think he is very clever.  He is up to date on the day's happenings (actually, up to the minute)...IMO, he has a different style than the others, but I like the way he imitates certain people, especially Bernie......LOL  Just thinking about that makes me laugh.

Honored Contributor

I watch Colbert every morning as I DVR his show the night before.  He starts my day off with laughter and for me that is a positive.  Sometimes depending on the guest, I may not watch the entire show.  However, when I saw Paul McCartney would be on, I was thrilled he would be on the entire show!

He is a musical legend of course, a musical genius.  Yet, as you said, LadyAlice, humble.  I loved his comments  how he still looks at himself as the boy he still feels he is and then there is that other person, the famous star!  He is blessed with grandchildren and I will definitely buy his children's book, it looks like a winner!

I grew up with great music, so much of it influenced the Beatles, Stones and Led Zeppelin.  I was happy to hear Paul giving credit to those he appreciated and went before the Beatles.  The English were into blues and those who sang the blues and that is why I became a fan of the Beatles and Stones at first.  Of course they became their own original artists  because they excelled at music writing and performing.

It was a fantastic show and Paul proved once again what a humble person he is despite all of his fame and fortune.  He deserves all the accolades for all the wonderful music he and the Beatles have given to us!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I always watch the show the next morning but I got a late start and am just now watching.

I can't remember seeing anybody else get that long a standing ovation.  Very cool.

I also love those kids from Korea with the boy band.  It was a fun thing they showed from a previous episode when the guys were on the show.  

Cool that Mr McCartney gets all the segments!  Smiley Happy   

Honored Contributor

@LadyAlice -

Thank you for that!

That was so much fun to watchSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Drats, I forgot he was on.  Hopefully, I can find it online.  I love Paul!

Honored Contributor

When I watched the interview last night, I sensed something very special was going on  and decided to record for others who might be interested in seeing it.  I'm so glad that I set the show to record because one magical moment after another popped up.

Some of Colbert's questions were straight from the heart and needed a response straight from the heart, too.  Simple questions with complex feelings in the responses.

I loved the moment.