Honored Contributor

Re: Paul McCartney On 60 Minutes Sept. 30th

Enjoyed the interview so much. A few tears--happiness.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Trusted Contributor

Oh darn, I mised it! Can someone give a summary of what he said?

Respected Contributor

I have had the pleasure of seeing Paul McCartney twice in concert.  He was terrific. One of the concerts - he played 37 songs - all of which he had either written or co-written with John Lennon.  The only exception is Somewhere, his tribute to George Harrison. He played piano, organ, ukelele, guitar acoustic and regular during the concert.  When you walked out of the concert you started talking about all of the songs that he had written that he did not perform.   

Honored Contributor

@KLevineFan- Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace wrote:

@FuzzyFace- KLevineFan responded to my post and said you can see the interview on CBS.com.  HTH.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure the interview will show up on YouTube also.

Anyway....I loved Paul during the interview.  I'm even liking him letting his hair go gray a bit at the sides.  I'm letting my colored hair (for years) go naturally silver also, so he's my role model for that endeavor!  Smiley Happy

I didn't much care for the woman who interviewed him, although he seemed to like the questions she was asking.  When I first glanced at her, I thought it was Nancy, his wife, whom the interviewer resembled somewhat.

Funny - his comment about a photo being taken right after he advised John about his taxes.  And he was right to correct the interviewer by saying it was John looking glum in the photo, not him.  

Sigh!  I sure do Heart Sir Paul - whatta guy.  Smiley Happy  Oh how I would love to spend time with him - he is the most interesting person I can think of to spend time with (and he'd have to sing a few songs too).  Sigh!  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee@Venezia@culebra@FuzzyFace@Group 5 minus 1@Jordan2

He appeared so NOT full of himself to me. That was very refreshing!

Answers were so spontaneous and not pre-planned.

There were a few answers (I’m thinking yoko) that we’re not 100% sugary...that is great because it was so real.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

Rats, rats, rats!!!  Smiley Mad

Our stupid local channel had the football game run overtime and I didn't catch it in time to extend the recording of "60 Minutes".  They do this all the time on Sunday and Saturday and it's so irritating.  I just knew it was going to cut off before the interview with Macca finished and it did.  He was looking at the photo of himself and John and saying it was his favorite photo...then pffft!  

I have no idea how much I missed, so I'll just have to see if I can get in online or on demand later.  Not a happy camper.  I wish DirecTV could adjust for these thing

@Venezia wrote:

Rats, rats, rats!!!  Smiley Mad

Our stupid local channel had the football game run overtime and I didn't catch it in time to extend the recording of "60 Minutes".  They do this all the time on Sunday and Saturday and it's so irritating.  I just knew it was going to cut off before the interview with Macca finished and it did.  He was looking at the photo of himself and John and saying it was his favorite photo...then pffft!  

I have no idea how much I missed, so I'll just have to see if I can get in online or on demand later.  Not a happy camper.  I wish DirecTV could adjust for these things.

@Venezia  Rats is right 😖😡. I totally did t think about the d---football as I dont watch it !   The only show that is allowed to run over its time.  😼. And didn't set up my dvr to run longer .  Now I missed most  of Sir Paul ,  checked on demand not there yet who knows it's when it will be    Not happy 😡

Honored Contributor

For those that missed it, I think on 60 Minutes they mentioned you can see an extended interview than what aired, maybe by going to 60 Minutes or CBS' website. When I have time I'm going to check it out.

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@FuzzyFace wrote:

@FuzzyFace- KLevineFan responded to my post and said you can see the interview on CBS.com.  HTH.

It does; thank you!