Regular Contributor

Patrick Swayze/DIRTY DANCING

Heard that some movie theaters will be airing DIRTY DANCING on August 17/18 in honor of it's 35th anniversary and what would have been his 70th birthday on the 17th. I still miss him!  Also, some streaming services have added Ghost and Dirty Dancing to their lineup for August. In addition to his familiar blockbuster movies which I can watch over and over again, I've seen a few not so familiar movies -- FOREVER LULU and THREE WISHES. Check them out if you get the chance.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Patrick Swayze/DIRTY DANCING

My favorite movie.

If I'm surfing and come across it, I will watch it, no matter how far in it may be!

Valued Contributor

I miss him too. I liked him in the movie Roadhouse.

Frequent Contributor

A bit of trivia.    My cousin was Patrick's dentist when Patrick was a child in Houston.  😀

Esteemed Contributor

If I hear a song from the movie on the radio, well I jsut have to sing along !

Have watched the movie a million times, the dance scenes are always amazing .

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

If I hear a song from the movie on the radio, well I jsut have to sing along !

Have watched the movie a million times, the dance scenes are always amazing .

@skatting44 and I bet you know exactly what scene that song is from!  I do, lol.

Respected Contributor

That clay scene in Ghost almost brings me to tears.  Yes, Swayze had a lot more to offer the world before he was gone from us.  Not so sure the coming movie can measure up.

Honored Contributor

I remember when this movie came out .....  people telling their friends had to qualify that it wasn't really "dirty" or R-rated.

I'm not sure how they decided on that title, but I doubt it would have been nearly as successful if it had been called something else. 

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

That clay scene in Ghost almost brings me to tears.  Yes, Swayze had a lot more to offer the world before he was gone from us.  Not so sure the coming movie can measure up.

@Another new name Sue Dirty Dancing came out 35 years ago.

Respected Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

There is no new movie, read again, they are showing the movie that originally aired 35 years ago.