Re: Patrick Swayze/DIRTY DANCING

I love Dirty Dancing!  

I also love Ghost!

Respected Contributor

I thought there was a new movie!  Thanks for setting me straight @spumoni99 

Honored Contributor

I thought he was so good looking. May he RIP.

Honored Contributor

E Channel has been showing DD lately. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Another new name Sue wrote:

I thought there was a new movie!  Thanks for setting me straight @spumoni99 

@Another new name Sue@spumoni99 and everyone else, there IS going to be a new movie, a sequel.  Here's an excerpt from Variety:

Jonathan Levine, the filmmaker behind the comedy “Long Shot’ and tear-jerker “50/50,” is taking his talents to the Catskills.

He’s been hired by Lionsgate to direct a sequel to 1987’s “Dirty Dancing,” with Jennifer Grey set to reprise her classic role as Frances “Baby” Houseman. No word as to whether she’ll be in a corner.

Prior to finding himself in the director’s chair, Levine was already attached to the project as a producer. He also co-wrote the screenplay with Elizabeth Chomko. The follow-up film, also titled “Dirty Dancing,” is expected to go into production later this year for release in 2024. International sales will launch later this month in Cannes.

Lionsgate announced back in 2020 that another “Dirty Dancing” story was in the works. Little is known about the next chapter, but Levine has hinted the sequel will include music from the original movie, as well as ’90s hip-hop. Patrick Swayze, who co-starred in the original as Grey’s love interest, died in 2009. However, the filmmakers are in conversations with Swayze’s estate to incorporate the actor’s presence in some way. Additional cast members have yet to be announced.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett