Honored Contributor

This movie stars Tessa Thompson, Ruth Negga, Andre Holland, and Alexander Skarsgard. "In 1920's New York City, a Black woman finds her world upended when her life becomes intertwined with a former childhood friend who's passing as white". Did anyone see it, I am not sure about the ending?

Honored Contributor

What about the ending is it you are not sure about?

It's pretty obvious

Trusted Contributor

Please spare the rest of us spoilers about how that ending of "Passing" is obvious or otherwise described. I'd like to see that movie and not know the end or anything about it beforehand. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2  

Spoiler
I didn't see this particular version of "Passing", but there was a movie out - years ago - called "Passing" and it was the same as the movie "Imitation of Life".  Are you familiar with that movie?  
Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2   Oh, I just re read your post.  I was under the impression you hadn't seen the movie.  Disregard my lost post.  lol

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@Jordan2  

Spoiler
I didn't see this particular version of "Passing", but there was a movie out - years ago - called "Passing" and it was the same as the movie "Imitation of Life".  Are you familiar with that movie?  

@Citrine1 I didn't see the other movie. I read up on the ending, what I read didn't give a definitive explanation as to what happened, maybe it's open to interpretation?

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   I saw it, and also read the book.   The book ends the same way.  Did she or didn't she?

My guess is that she did.