Esteemed Contributor

Re: Parenthood Reruns Start May 30th on the UP Channel

Hey @SusieQ_2, I know I should let this go because it just isn't that important, BUT.......  my curiousity got the best of me and I googled "how to pronounce Peter Krause".  The website "pronounceitright.com" came up.  Can you believe they said Krause-eh?  LOL  Oh my gosh, now I don't know what to think!!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Hey @SusieQ_2, I know I should let this go because it just isn't that important, BUT.......  my curiousity got the best of me and I googled "how to pronounce Peter Krause".  The website "pronounceitright.com" came up.  Can you believe they said Krause-eh?  LOL  Oh my gosh, now I don't know what to think!!  

@Citrine1  ~ This is getting too funny! Here's my suggestion, let's just call him "the actor named Peter who starred in Parenthood," or Six Feet Under, or whatever show someone will know him from. That should be safe! 

I had a similar incident with the name of the author Debbie Macomber. I pronounced her name as it looks saying the middle syllable as comb, like the hair tool. May-comber, complete with the silent "b."

When I asked for a book of hers at the bookstore the clerk looked at me quizzically, and after figuring out who I was asking about informed me it's pronounced May-cumber, like cucumber. Live & learn, lol! 

Esteemed Contributor

@SusieQ_2, this is a riot!  I, for sure, would pronounce Macomber the way you did.  In fact, I'm certain that's how it should be said (although I've been wrong before LOL).  We could probably go on and on with other names as well.  Hahahaha

Trusted Contributor

@Shogirl wrote:

What channel is the UP channel?  Any idea what time of day?

I LOVED this show so would LOVE to see it from start to finish again!

Shopgril2, I am in Chicago and have Dish Network so channel would be 188.  They indicate a time of 8 but do not explain whether AM or PM and also no time zone.  Channel would depend upon who your service provider is.  Hopefully they offer the UP channel. You would have to check your local listings or channel guide if you have Satellite or Cable, etc.

Sorry could not be more help on this.

Trusted Contributor

@LogoFan wrote:

@Shogirl wrote:

What channel is the UP channel?  Any idea what time of day?

I LOVED this show so would LOVE to see it from start to finish again!

Shopgril2, I am in Chicago and have Dish Network so channel would be 188.  They indicate a time of 8 but do not explain whether AM or PM and also no time zone.  Channel would depend upon who your service provider is.  Hopefully they offer the UP channel. You would have to check your local listings or channel guide if you have Satellite or Cable, etc.

Sorry could not be more help on this.

Shopgirl2, just adding more information here.  The show is aired at 7 PM Central Time starting 5/30, and 5 episodes will air that evening.  My DVR does not go beyond 5/30 as of today, so cannot tell what the regular schedule will be yet.  I hope you were able to find this channel in your lineup.  Hate to see anyone disappointed.

Honored Contributor

I really do think it is pronounced Krausah,   I have seen him on talk shows and they always introduce him that way !!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I really do think it is pronounced Krausah,   I have seen him on talk shows and they always introduce him that way !!

Funny, as much as I LOVE him, I've never seen him on a talk show or heard him introduced in any way!  Thank you for telling us @Shelbelle.  I appreciate your input; I had no idea!  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I watched this show during the first run from beginning to end so I'm glad that another channel has picked it up for syndication. I hope it won't be on for five hours once it gets started. 

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Peter William Krause (/ˈkrzə/; born August 12, 1965)

This is how it is said to pronounce it on Wiki, I am not real sure what this means, but maybe someone else here is.

Honored Contributor

All seasons are also available on NetFlix.