Valued Contributor

Paramount + Closed Captions Issue

The closed captioning on my ROKU is out of sync on Paramount + and only that channel for the past 3 days now. I chatted with Paramount +, tweaked several things, but no luck. Agent is passing it up the food chain. Anyone else having this problem, or can you check? I want to see if it’s just mine. Thanks.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paramount + Closed Captions Issue

My son watches Paramount + and I lip read & captions. I've been thinking they are slower than most. But I read the characters lips also and it's hard to do there. 
                   🤔 

Honored Contributor

@grammarqueen   I just turned to NCIS. My captions seem to be on target. Here's a tip that I have to do from time-to-time. Sometimes my captions are running slower than the actual dialogue. I "pause" my tv. For some reason the captions keep advancing even those the screen is frozen. Eventually the cc catches up and then amazingly they pause also. When I resume watching the captions match the speech. Try it.

Let me know if the above doesn't make sense.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Valued Contributor

Tique Thanks, but captions for me are starting up when the commercials before the show come on, so they are running about a minute ahead of the dialogue. I did try pausing, but the captions did freeze as well. I’ll see if I still have the problem by Tuesday, because the people the agent bumped my case up to probably aren’t there over the weekend.
Valued Contributor

Paramount Plus just emailed me back and said that the closed captioning issue with ROKU is not unique to my account. Which means that it’s probably a bug, others are complaining about it and hopefully that will make P+ more motivated to fix the problem.🤞
Honored Contributor

my CC is fine for paramount +

i dont use a roku though.

i have a smart tv with the app.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein