Honored Contributor

Panicked NBC Asked Guthrie To Return Early From Maternity Leave

[ Edited ]

According to today's NY Post, NBC was panicking at the Today's show ratings freefall to GMA and asked Savannah to come back early from maternity leave.   Also according to the Post, that didn't help NBC's ratings fall much.  

Makes you wonder whether NBC did hire Megyn K. to bolster ratings?   If so, it is probably going to be disappointed.  It seems like the morning show drama never ends!

http://pagesix.com/2017/03/08/panicked-nbc-asked-savannah-guthrie-to-come-back-early/?_ga=1.22430972...

Respected Contributor

Re: Panicked NBC Asked Guthrie To Return Early From Maternity Leave

I don't care who any of them have on, I'm just not a fan. I like  Charlie Rose, so I will occasionally watch CBS, but in the AM my tv is off. I'm sure that it is hard to get the right chemistry for these shows, but they always seem awkward to me.

Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations.
George Orwell
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

indoor kitty wrote:

I don't care who any of them have on, I'm just not a fan. I like  Charlie Rose, so I will occasionally watch CBS, but in the AM my tv is off. I'm sure that it is hard to get the right chemistry for these shows, but they always seem awkward to me.

I agree, I'm not a fan of the morning shows, either. Too many people and too much mixing of important news and garbage news.

"Sad story about that mass murder, John. Let's talk best and worst of last night's red carpet looks!"

"It looks like the people of Flint are still without drinkable water. And now it's our live concert with Justin Bieber!"

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue  You nailed it.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Valued Contributor

ChynnaBlue wrote:

indoor kitty wrote:

I agree, I'm not a fan of the morning shows, either. Too many people and too much mixing of important news a garbage news.

"Sad story about that mass murder, John. Let's talk best and worst of last night's red carpet looks!"

"It looks like the people of Flint are still without drinkable water. And now it's out live concert with Justin Bieber!"

You make me laugh this morning!!!

Honored Contributor

granddi wrote:

ChynnaBlue wrote:

indoor kitty wrote:

I agree, I'm not a fan of the morning shows, either. Too many people and too much mixing of important news a garbage news.

"It looks like the people of Flint are still without drinkable water. And now it's out live concert with Justin Bieber!"

You make me laugh this morning!!!

Good! Everyone should have a good laugh in the morning. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

IamMrsG wrote:

@ChynnaBlue  You nailed it.

It's so annoying.

There's a time and place for serious news AND for humor or entertainment news, but the way they splice them together often feels so inappropriate to me.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it could be considered political

Respected Contributor

I think they are making a HUGE mistake with Megyn K - I think their ratings will plummet when she bumps the 9:00 hour people and comes aboard - at least I am hoping so!  I hate that they bumped Al and Tameron Hall - it was not fair at all. 

Respected Contributor

All the morning shows are odd. I just go to Fox and Friends. Makes me happy to hear the truth.

It's a great day in the neighborhood. Mr Rodgers

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2016 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View