Honored Contributor

Paley Center Salutes “This is Us” WOW

With these types of shows, I always assume in advance that the show will be a gratuitous offering of why the actors think of themselves as being”so great.”

Instead, I was blown away by the presentation and can finally explain my reaction to the show.

Crying, laughing, feeling good, feeling a connection, “aha” moments. Watching it is always an emotional workout so I tend to dread it yet am always anxious to watch.

WOW

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: Paley Center Salutes “This is Us” WOW

@LTT1  I'm so glad I dvred the program. I have not watched yet, but look forward to it.  Smiley Happy   

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

With these types of shows, I always assume in advance that the show will be a gratuitous offering of why the actors think of themselves as being”so great.”

Instead, I was blown away by the presentation and can finally explain my reaction to the show.

Crying, laughing, feeling good, feeling a connection, “aha” moments. Watching it is always an emotional workout so I tend to dread it yet am always anxious to watch.

WOW

Did the new season start already?!? I thought it was next week. I’ve stocked up on tissues and am ready for This is Us.

Honored Contributor

@Lisa Y

You are correct...the actual series starts next week.

This special was a salute to the show detailing the actors tryouts, why they “click” who they are “modeled” after and how the producers found it falling all together.

Get the Kleenex ready for this one, too.

The actress who plays Randall's wife, said she was so glad of the choice of a teen for for their adoption. She said nothing about the show makes it a clean “cut and dry.” It is messy, like most of life💗

Trusted Contributor

Whew! I thought I missed it. Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

It's also available On Demand.  (I'm just starting to watch now, thanks @LTT1 for the reminder.)

Respected Contributor

Love this show...can’t wait for the new season!

Honored Contributor

If you Google Paley Salute to This is Us, it will come up so you can watch it online.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle

Thank you for this information ❤️

Honored Contributor

I enjoy this show.  Maybe not quite as much as some, but it's entertaining.

I just saw where Access Hollywood had a contest to find the real life Dad on this show.

As I sat there I thought about my son-in-law and my late husband.  They'd (of course) won that contest.

The good thing about this show is it highlights the importance (STILL) of families.  Families come in all colors, all sizes, (you get the idea).  But they're still 'families'.  I come from a family of mostly females.  None of us have any animosity for males.  We understand how many good men (and women) there are today.

I hope it's popularity continues to grow.  It also shows that there are many, many good males out there and we need to acknowledge that not all males are predators.  

It also teaches we are not infallible as humans.