Honored Contributor

🦜 Paging @birdmama & Prince Fans 💜

@Bird mama  & et al.

Prince To Be Honored With Grammys Tribute Special

Alicia Keys, John Legend and Usher will perform at a special   tribute concert set to take place after the 2020 Grammy Awards and air on television later this year, Rolling Stone has confirmed.

will be held January 28th – two days after the Grammys – at the Los Angeles Convention Center and will be broadcast in April. Former Prince drummer Sheila E. will serve as the night’s musical director alongside longtime Prince associates Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. The lineup also includes Beck, Common, Foo Fighters, H.E.R., Earth, Wind & Fire, St. Vincent, Mavis Staples, Chris Martin, Gary Clark, Jr. and Juanes.

The show will also feature several Prince collaborators, including Susanna Hoffs of the Bangles (who sang the Prince-written hit “Manic Monday”), and Morris Day and the Time. The musician’s old band, the Revolution, have also signed on, with drummer Bobby Z. telling Rolling Stone the group “are involved and looking forward to honoring Prince.”

copy/paste link---> rollingstone.com/music/music-news/prince-grammys-tribute-concert-934548/

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: 🦜 Paging @birdmama & Prince Fans 💜

@Mz iMac   Yea I saw that on facebook and the 'org'.  We'll see how it goes Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Shared with son - thank you

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Can't wait....April, why so far out!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac   thanks for posting this. I don't see one person I would like to perform - Maxwell. Here's hoping he's a late addition.

Can they have anything these days without including John Legend? I have nothing against the man other than I don't particularly care for his singing. Also, overexposed - thy name is John Legend.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac Love Prince - saw him in concert three times.  Fantastic performance of Purple Rain at the Superbowl, ironically sung in the rain by Prince.

Trusted Contributor

@tobes
I am SO jealous! I missed seeing Prince while he was alive, and I adore him.
Lovely @Mz iMac Thank you, thank you, I will most certainly tape this.
Prince, we miss you terribly. 💜
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd 

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Can't wait....April, why so far out!

Obviously, it's an anniversery show.  R.I.P April 21, 2016.

@Tique  I have NEVER liked J.L.  He has always reminded me of an old time lounge piano player like they use to have at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York. 

Honored Contributor

I am surprised Bruno Mars is not on the bill.  He does a good rendition of Prince.  He's also shorter. Smiley LOL