Honored Contributor

👉🏽 Paging Oznell 👈🏿

@Oznell 

Have you ever seen the movie(s) Beau Geste?   There are 3 versions.....

1926 - silent version (original)

1939 - starring:  Gary Cooper, Ray Milland, Robert Preston,

Brian Donlevy & Susan Hayward

1966 - starring:  Guy Stockwell, Doug McClure, Leslie Nielson, Telly Savalas

Never seen the silent version as I am not into silent films.  That being said, as far as "talkies, "loved the 1939 version & consider it the best one.

The remake 1966 is rather good for a 2nd remake.  Nearly excellent!   From what I can remember, this remake is more violent than the original "talkie"  thanks to Telly Savalas. Smiley LOL

I have not seen either versions on tv in decades!  Have you?

"Three adopted English brothers join the French Foreign Legion in North Africa, after one of them steals their adoptive family's famous heirloom sapphire."

I have never heard of the French Foreign Legion until I saw this movie (1939) version as a teenager.  My term paper (remember them?) was about the FFL.  Smiley LOL

1966 version-FULL MOVIE

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: 👉🏽 Paging Oznell 👈🏿

Wow, never knew there were that many versions, @Mz iMac !

It's funny, now that you mention it, I've only seen the 1939 version, and I haven't seen it in decades either, as a matter of fact!  Have only vague memories of seeing it as a child, probably on a flickering black and white set, ha. 

Looking at that cast you list, it has to be a fabulous romp. I've kind of gotten away from swashbuckling films, but as a child I was mad for them, loved Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland in "Robin Hood",  "Captain Blood", etc.

Brings back memories!  

Thanks for the link!   There's some eye candy in that 1966 cast, and I have to think Leslie Neilsen must have been hilarious in that (if he was playing a comic role.)

Smart--  If you have to do a term paper, the French Foreign Legion would at least be exciting....