Reply
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,135
Registered: ‎03-15-2010

Hi gardenman. I haven't been on here for quite a while so I might have missed it but I was wondering if you've given any health updates, etc.  I assume you are up and running again - internet, not physically!  If you feel like it I'm sure many of us would like to kinow how you are doing.

 

sabra

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,927
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

@sabra wrote:

Hi gardenman. I haven't been on here for quite a while so I might have missed it but I was wondering if you've given any health updates, etc.  I assume you are up and running again - internet, not physically!  If you feel like it I'm sure many of us would like to kinow how you are doing.

 

sabra


@sabra, I'm not that familiar with him, I do know the name, I have seen him post in the electronics and sports forums.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,135
Registered: ‎03-15-2010

For years I have communicated with him on TV and Movies, especially when Big Brother is on.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,680
Registered: ‎03-23-2010

@sabra he has been posting on the Survivor thread.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,993
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I'm here and I've got Internet again! Whoo hoo! Health-wise there's not a lot to update. Saw my endocrinologist who ordered a DEXA scan which showed I have osteopenia, but not osteoporosis. I'll see my ortho doc next Wednesday (jury duty permitting) and see what he says. I've been summoned for jury duty on Tuesday, but hopefully I won't get picked. The leg feels the same, maybe a bit worse on occasion. While mowing the grass a couple of weeks ago I had a sudden sharp pain higher in the thigh which was probably one of the screws holding the plate in place getting tweaked, as there's nothing broken where that pain was, but there are screws in the area. Everything feels about the same and I'm closing in on ten months since the break. Ten months is a lot longer than I'd anticipated this lasting.

 

The good news is I'll be up and ready for the second season of celebrity BB. A poster on Jokers suggested Bonnie Hunt as a cast member which would be neat, but I suspect that despite her being a fan, she'd decline. We should get some good rumors on who'll be in the house in December. The good news is no one's career was ruined by being on the first season, so it might be easier to cast season two. The bad news is it didn't seem to help any of their careers.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,433
Registered: ‎03-22-2010

I wish good things for you @gardenman

 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,828
Registered: ‎08-13-2010

My friend got a hip replacement the 1st 3 months she was doing pretty good but then she was walking her dog 2 blocks from her house & she heard click click then her hip locked up. Husband had to drive over to pick her up. They took xrays & the screw in the hip fell out, second operation Dr. had to redo the hip and now she is much better. I don't know about you but sometimes these screws mess up. Maybe get an xray & see if all screws are there or something is going on. Can't wait for celebrity Big Brother. Glad you got your cable back & can update & give your opinion on the show. Big Brother wasn't the same without you. I forget who filled in for you and she did a great job. Big thanks to her.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,135
Registered: ‎03-15-2010

Re: Paging Gardenman

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

I'm here and I've got Internet again! Whoo hoo! Health-wise there's not a lot to update. Saw my endocrinologist who ordered a DEXA scan which showed I have osteopenia, but not osteoporosis. I'll see my ortho doc next Wednesday (jury duty permitting) and see what he says. I've been summoned for jury duty on Tuesday, but hopefully I won't get picked. The leg feels the same, maybe a bit worse on occasion. While mowing the grass a couple of weeks ago I had a sudden sharp pain higher in the thigh which was probably one of the screws holding the plate in place getting tweaked, as there's nothing broken where that pain was, but there are screws in the area. Everything feels about the same and I'm closing in on ten months since the break. Ten months is a lot longer than I'd anticipated this lasting.

 

The good news is I'll be up and ready for the second season of celebrity BB. A poster on Jokers suggested Bonnie Hunt as a cast member which would be neat, but I suspect that despite her being a fan, she'd decline. We should get some good rumors on who'll be in the house in December. The good news is no one's career was ruined by being on the first season, so it might be easier to cast season two. The bad news is it didn't seem to help any of their careers.


Thanks for updating us.  It sounds like things are starting to look up a bit (internet) and I hope all goes well with that pesky femur. Hopefully the ortho doc will have good news or some help for you next week.  10 months is a long time to deal with that.  Good luck and keep us posted.

 

Glad that you will be posting for Celebrity BB.  Bonnie Hunt would have been good on there.  I'm anxious to see who will be.  Were the ones on Season 1 really thinking it would help their careers???  If so, they were dillusional.

 

Apparently Tyler moved in with Angela and there were rumors of an engagement.  I didn't see that coming because I thought she was using him.

 

ETA:  I'm assuming your SSI came through which will most certainly help I'm sure.  They sure took their time about it.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,135
Registered: ‎03-15-2010

@sissel wrote:

My friend got a hip replacement the 1st 3 months she was doing pretty good but then she was walking her dog 2 blocks from her house & she heard click click then her hip locked up. Husband had to drive over to pick her up. They took xrays & the screw in the hip fell out, second operation Dr. had to redo the hip and now she is much better. I don't know about you but sometimes these screws mess up. Maybe get an xray & see if all screws are there or something is going on. Can't wait for celebrity Big Brother. Glad you got your cable back & can update & give your opinion on the show. Big Brother wasn't the same without you. I forget who filled in for you and she did a great job. Big thanks to her.


@It was @SusieQ-2 that filled in for gardenman and yes, she did a very good job.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,828
Registered: ‎08-13-2010

@sabra thank you so much I forgot her name she did a wonderful job. Thank you for reminding me.