Trusted Contributor

Re: Padma leaving “Top Chef”

GREAT news!!! Can't stand her or Tom or Gail. They are WAY TOO FULL of themselves. Padma ALWAYS dressed so the FOCUS would be on her.

Honored Contributor

i really like padma and will miss her as the host and the judge. tom nor gail could take over that spot.  they will really need a stronger personality. i wonder if they could possibly do former top chef alum and rotate them for the hosting position?

my daughter and i were talking and were thinking nigella lawson, rocco di spirito, ming tsai, jamie oliver?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@sabatini   I'm with YOU!  I quickly tired of her "persona" on the show seemingly making HER the focal point of every episode.  Seemed very phony to me.

The father of her daughter is Michael Dell (computer magnate) and I read that he has financially provided for her and their daughter. 

Perhaps that contributed to her decision to leave the show after so many years of having to keep to a production schedule and demands.

Esteemed Contributor

@pdlinda wrote:

@sabatini   I'm with YOU!  I quickly tired of her "persona" on the show seemingly making HER the focal point of every episode.  Seemed very phony to me.

The father of her daughter is Michael Dell (computer magnate) and I read that he has financially provided for her and their daughter. 

Perhaps that contributed to her decision to leave the show after so many years of having to keep to a production schedule and demands.

I read she has a show on Hulu series called "Taste the Nation" where she is creator and host. She is also the executive producer on the series , which focuses on food and  cultures in the different regions and cities in the United States.

Honored Contributor

I thought Padma did a great job!  I am very curious about who they will get.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i really like padma and will miss her as the host and the judge. tom nor gail could take over that spot.  they will really need a stronger personality. i wonder if they could possibly do former top chef alum and rotate them for the hosting position?

my daughter and i were talking and were thinking nigella lawson, rocco di spirito, ming tsai, jamie oliver?

I hope not, there are too many of them that are over-exposed now.

Valued Contributor

Well this is sad news for me. I've always liked Padma and feel like her and Tom are the heart and soul of the show. Unfortunately I haven't watched for a couple of seasons. Although one of the better reality series, it seems to be getting a little stale so maybe a new host will inject a new feel to the show. I'd like to see past winner Richard Blaze take over. He's very personable and really knows his stuff.

Trusted Contributor

I like Padma. I thought she was a great host and judge. I think she will be hard to replace. I like Tom as well. I hope he will be staying.  

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pdlinda

Michael Dell (the computer guy) is *NOT* the father of Padma's daughter. Adam Dell, a venture capitalist, is. (per People magazine)