Regular Contributor

Padma leaving “Top Chef”

Padma Lakshmi announced today her retirement as host of "Top Chef."  The current Season 20 is her last as host. Wow - don't know how they will find a successful replacement for her given that she is so integral to the show.

Respected Contributor

Re: Padma leaving “Top Chef”

Woohoo! That's great news!

I've never cared for her. 

Sure, she's a beautiful woman, but quite frequently her clothing choices are inappropriate, especially in some dining situations where more austere guests are in attendance. 

It's the food that's supposed to be the focus!

I once saw pictures of Padma's home, and above her bed hangs a huge painting of herself. 

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just hope it isn't Gail....I've seen way too much of her than I need to on a cooking show as well!

Like @sabatini said....dress appropriately ladies!

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

I just hope it isn't Gail....I've seen way too much of her than I need to on a cooking show as well!

Like @sabatini said....dress appropriately ladies!

LOL, @RespectLife. I too have noticed that over the years, Gail's clothing has morphed.

Initially, she was more like 'Mary Ann' on Gilligan's Island! Smiley LOL

Muddling through...
Esteemed Contributor

WOW! I was not aware that show was still in production, but was a HUGE fan many moons past.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

I like Tom Colicho as a host. It doesn't need to be another woman. Gail Simmons is not my cup of tea. Something about her is off putting.  I will miss Padma. I thought she was a good host. Her clothing choices were not always compatible with the theme of the show. It will be interesting to see who they choose.

Esteemed Contributor

I was never a fan of Padma's but I wish her well in her future projects.

I always liked (and preferred) Kelly Choi who hosted Top Chef Masters.  I think it's been over 10 years since they had that spin-off.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I used to watch this every season,  but the last couple seasons I really lost interest and deleted it without watching. They're still set to record so I was going to watch this season.  I watched the first one and when I saw it was former winners, nope not interested again. 

Never really cared for Padma and always wondered why she was the host and it was not an actual chef.

Honored Contributor

It won't be the same.

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

It won't be the same.

Actually, IMO, the show hasn't been 'the same' for a very long time.

It's gone by the wayside, right along with Project Runway, which is its earlier days was almost magical.

This season's TC challenges sometimes bordered on the ridiculous or the absurd, and seemed more fitting for an episode of  'Chopped', rather than Top Chef.

Muddling through...