Honored Contributor

PROJECT RUNWAY SPOILER 2/20/19

Good for Dmitry for calling out the designers who were distracting the other designers.

Didn’t like Biddel’s. Of course the judges liked it.

Sean’s dress was just ok.

Dmitry’s looked like she was straight from Russia.  I used to love Dmitry, but I think he has lost his mojo. 

Didn’t care for Christina’s at all.

Michelle’s looked almost like a nightgown.  I agreed about the comment about raw edges, but not just the hem.  The neckline was also a raw edge.

Liked Irina’s but the sleeves seemed too voluminous or something.  Maybe it’s like the one judge said about the pointed shoulders.

Didn’t care for Cynthia’s at all.

Once again really liked Anthony Ryan’s.  It was simple, but polished.  Wasn't really fond of the print part, but he worked it into the design well.

Since I didn’t like either of the bottom looks, it really didn’t matter to me which one was sent home.

Valued Contributor

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY SPOILER 2/20/19

I actually liked Biddell's & was glad he won.  It was so unique & I thought the turban complemented the harem-y pants.

Michelle's dress was way too short & boring looking.  Did not deserve to be in the top 3..Anthony Ryan's was way better.

Sean's was OK, but I agree with the judges about the mess of fabric at the bottom.

Yeah, Irina's pointed shoulder sleeves were bizarre.

Dmitri's ruffles are getting old!

Agree about the 2 bottom looks...either one deserved to go!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't believe that they loved Michelle's once again.  It was a slip and way too short.  The 2 judges Vanessa and the VS model hated it and I said thank goodness some honest opinions.

The bottom 2 were horrible and not evening wear at all.  Those bell bottoms were cute but again, not for evening.

Love Bidell's and glad he won.  It was chic.  Irina's was pretty but nothing special.

I was ready to smack Michelle and Sean when they were just sitting around laughing when everyone else is working.  How distracting.  There's a lounge and they should have left the room.  Good for Dimitry for speaking up.  I love him but his designs are getting old. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Once again I did not like a single garment.   The only thing I liked was Jasmine Tookes's thoughtful and spot-on critiques.  She was a great judge.  Vanessa Williams, why, just why?  She added nothing.

IMO Anthony Ryan and Michelle have such bad taste issues they will never make it in the fashion industry.  They haven't achieved any success yet and they won't.  

Wikipedia has next week as the finale but how can that be?  Too many designers and the challenge is gender-neutral, not a mini-collection which is always the finale of All Stars.

Honored Contributor

Didn’t like Biddel’s at all. Way too retro for me. I didn’t really love any of them.

Irina’s would have been better without the pointy shoulders. I don’t see much design in Michelle’s simple shift dress. 

The bottom 2 were both bad, but IMO the flamenco pants were worse, but she got to stay. 

Still waiting to see something fabulous that I love from Dmitry. I liked his dress for the first challenge, but I really liked his items from Season 10 more than what I am seeing now. 

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

Once again I did not like a single garment.   The only thing I liked was Jasmine Tookes's thoughtful and spot-on critiques.  She was a great judge.  Vanessa Williams, why, just why?  She added nothing.

IMO Anthony Ryan and Michelle have such bad taste issues they will never make it in the fashion industry.  They haven't achieved any success yet and they won't.  

Wikipedia has next week as the finale but how can that be?  Too many designers and the challenge is gender-neutral, not a mini-collection which is always the finale of All Stars.

@LoriLori , maybe Lifetime is just done...I did notice last night that they didn't have the previous episode on like they usually do.

Respected Contributor

Sorry I'm late to the discussion--I watched Survivor and caught PR last night on my DVR.  I just want to say I HATE DROP CROTCH PANTS.  So you know what I thought of the winning design.  I thought it was HORRIBLE!!!  And Dmitri should have been on the bottom.  That was not a good look.  I liked Sean's look.  I don't care if Sean's was simple--it was definitely the most wearable.

I think it was Sean's?  The halter dress?  Who had the appliqued look?  I also liked that.  As you can see, I didn't pay much attention.  I'll be glad when they get back to a 'regular' season on Bravo.  I will miss Tim though.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli, the applique dress was Anthony Ryan's.  I thought Sean's was okay except that bottom layer of different fabric, but I guess he had to find some way to use it.  I really didn't get why the judges had a problem with the vertical lines in the red fabric separating the layers.  Many would call that detail.

Esteemed Contributor

I just caught up. A dull episode. I didn’t think any look said evening except Michelle’s which I liked. But again a simple t dress. When even Demetri’s was horrible it wasn’t a good challenge. I didn’t think either guess judge anything worthwhile to say. On to next week.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@DrKelli, the applique dress was Anthony Ryan's.  I thought Sean's was okay except that bottom layer of different fabric, but I guess he had to find some way to use it.  I really didn't get why the judges had a problem with the vertical lines in the red fabric separating the layers.  Many would call that detail.

JMO but I found them random and distracting, cutting the body and one emphasizing her hips.  As for Anthony Ryan's IMO it looked like someone threw up on the model.  The only thing I liked was the turban and it was perfect with the outfit.