Honored Contributor

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY SPOILER 2/13/19

[ Edited ]

@DrKelli

ETA:  It's too bad they didn't show Sean's dress in that segment.  Sean's derss -- along with Christian's genuinely game-changing couture gown, Venn's candy dress, Korto's seatbelt coat and Mondo's polka dot gown -- is one of my  favorite creations ever from Project Runway.

Dye packets!  Thanks!

Curious why you don't think Sean's is avant garde.   Do you agree about Lady Gaga's egg and egg dress?

Looking at Sean's gorgeousness walk the "rainway" (which, for anyone reading this, is why I could not post a still of the dress -- you have to see it change color as it gets soaked -- I love when they cut to Heidi, the surprise and sheer delight on her face, and how Tim is beaming as well as Sean.  I love that!  

Valued Contributor

@LoriLori how do you remember all the designers & their garments?!  I can't even remember what the safe ones looked like last night LOL.  Guess I need a DVR, that would help!

One past design that stands out to me was Jeffrey Sebelius's cotton yellow plaid couture gown...it was so pretty & looked really comfortable to wear.

I was glad Anthony Ryan won, & agreed with Django going home.

I don't get what the judges thought was so great about Michelle's look at all.  It looked like she found that in a dumpster.

Honored Contributor

@tipsy

I love the show.  My memory of the Lifetime ones is nowhere near as good as of the Bravo ones and I'm so excited to see it back on Bravo in March.  My memory in general isn't good so I guess I have good garment memory LOL.

Jeffrey's plaid gown -- thank you, that too is on my favorites list!  I forgot that.  I actually loved that challenge, both parts.  

Back on Bravo it will be with the same production company, Magical Elves, that produced all five Bravo seasons.  And the challenges were so great, every single one.

They have some new content on bravo.com -- Brandon Maxwell and Christian's NYFW shows.  I'm going to watch new judge Brandon Maxwell's because he's relatively new and makes RTW and I want to see his style.  I always watch Christian's and many others.

Valued Contributor

@LoriLori I really liked Michael Kors as a judge..  much better than Zac Posen or Isaac.  His critiques were always spot on & could be really funny too!

Trusted Contributor

The best part of the episode for me was Andrew Rannells. I do not understand why 

he was a judge. But I am a fan of his. 

This season is underwhelming. 

Honored Contributor

@tipsy wrote:

@LoriLori I really liked Michael Kors as a judge..  much better than Zac Posen or Isaac.  His critiques were always spot on & could be really funny too!

Absolutely.  Unfortunately Isaac has always tried to compete with Kors's zingers but Isaac just doesn't have the sense of humor and I think most of his jokes fall flat.

I have high hopes for Brandon Maxwell even though he's relatively new.  I just looked at some of his NYFW designs and they were interesting and elevated. 

And I trust this production company.  The first five seasons were wonderful.

And it will be so wonderful to see Nina again!  

And Christian is such a decent man with such a good heart I am excited to see him mentoring.

And I'm guessing Karlie Kloss (did she change her name to Kushner?) will be a great host.

Honored Contributor

As for All Stars, we will not even be getting a final fashion show!  Why did they bother airing this messed-up Wonky season?  (The play closed a year ago LOL.)

Two episodes left and rather than the  mini collection created in the workroom and walked on the runway set that ended every other All Stars season, there is a final challenge.  

Next week is day-into-night.  Final challenge is gender neutral.  Oh c'mon.  

I will not miss All Stars.  Should Bravo revive it and I sure hope they do not, I know they will completely redo it.

Honored Contributor

OMG!  What was Alyssa (or her stylist) thinking, and I’m not talking about the boob peeking out?

So, I will admit beforehand I really don't have a firm grasp on exactly what avant garde is, so forgive me if you disagree with my concept of it.  Avant garde, haute couture, or just out there, they're kinda all the same to me.

Irinia’s wing dress was interesting and effective, but I feel like I have seen it somewhere before.

Cynthia’s Armour dress was pretty, but not sure how much avant garde it is.

Love Anthony Ryan’s whiteboard dress. I really didn’t get the other people who thought it was dated because everybody is into technology now.  There is no need for it to be specifically practical for taking notes.  It’s for fun, and it actually works.

I don’t know what to make of Biddel’s outfit.  It’s not really avant garde to me, and I’m not sure it says to me camouflage.  However, Irina’s dress doesn’t actually fly either, so there’s that.

I think Sean’s dress is actually avant garde and fits the bill IF you can actually interchange the pieces.  I was drawn to that idea as well as Anthony Ryan’s idea of a whiteboard dress in the beginning though.  However, the execution didn’t follow through.

Django’s outfit is nice, but there is nothing innovative or avant garde about it.

Not a fan of Christina’s speaker dress, but it is at least an invention.

Not sure what to make of Dmitry’s dress.  I can’t figure out how it’s supposed to “work”.

I liked the original idea of Michelle’s dress, but not made out of carpet padding.  And of course, the judges love it. 

“it wasn’t her week, but to me she is an all-star” is not an appropriate comment when it comes to judging and should not be used in consideration as to whether someone stays or goes.  It tells me the judges may let someone stay because of past performance and expectations of something better next time.  Is that, somehow, the reason Django has been able to slip by all these weeks?  He has been on the bottom every week I think.

And a question, isn’t the outfit Michelle wearing the fabric she originally bought for the challenge?

Yea!  Anthony Ryan won!  AND finally Django goes home.  Thank God!