Honored Contributor

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY ALL STARS (PREMIERE) AND REPEATS

Was so great to see all the old designers (even the ones I’m not so crazy about), and some new faces from other countries. I really love all things PR! It is always interesting to see what the designers come up with for the different challenges. Looking forward to a great season. 

Respected Contributor

Well, it was kind of a fun show.  I wish they would have given all the designers the opportunity to reveal their DNA.  I was most curious about Anthony Ryan's because they say that most people who think they have Native American dna usually don't and he was adamant about his.

Honestly, some of these designers I really don't like from the get go.  I never liked Dmitri on his seasons or Seth Aaron either.  I was really hoping Mondo would be on again.

Honored Contributor

I'm an anti-DNA person, so I was wondering what they would do if anybody refused.

Actually, I didn't think Anthony Ryan was so adamant about the Native American blood.  I thought he just said that's what he had been told, so he was going with that.  To tell you the truth, the Native American part of DNA testing is a misnomer anyways.  The pool is actually taken from Eskimo and South Americans since very few true Native Americans have contributed to the pool.  None of the Native American communities recognize it either.  

I love Dmitry, but Mondo would be a good addition too.  They should've had him instead of Anya.

Valued Contributor

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY ALL STARS (PREMIERE) - SPOILERS

@LoriLori as annoying as Michelle is, it's Anya who bugs me the most!  At least with Michelle & the other designers, they are passionate about fashion & it's their livlihood & what they do.  Anya just comes waltzing in with no past experience & doesn't seem to really care about fashion & claims she can't sew yet she gets chosen.  I'm sure there are tons more people who tried out for the show who would have been more deserving contestants.  

Honored Contributor

Ok, I just caught the replay and I have to say I love the premise of bringing in winners from other competitions from around the globe.  That was a nice surprise and I think will bring another dimension to the competition or otherwise we would be looking at the same designers we have seen through the years.

I am sorry but I will never understand "Sorry But I Don't Sew" Anya and as much as Seth Aaron usually makes me cringe a little I love that he pulled that watch plaid fabric into his design.  My favorite part of the show was when the designer from Brazil had trouble with that zipper and the other designers came over to help.  What I liked the most is that she didn't fling things around the studio in a fit and how calmly they all worked together to sort the issue out.  

I think it's going to be a good season, I am looking forward to it!

Trusted Contributor

I fell asleep during most of the show. I woke up to see Anya in the bottom. I hoped she was the one to go. Nope still there.

It is the same dress every time with here. She is not a designer, she can't sew.

I too would have rather have seen Mondo back.