Respected Contributor

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY ALL-STARS - JANUARY 4th

[ Edited ]

wrote:

@SWEET, I'm so glad you bumped up this post.  I didn't have the energy to look for it (I've been sick this week).  I liked Stanley's dress and I liked Fabio's too.  I though either was okay to win.  Now, let's talk about Helen.  I don't think she is that good of a designer and I thought Fabio was spot on when he told her that she liked to throw everyone under the bus (she said she 'created' a textile when everyone else hot glued their balls together to make their garment) to cover up her shortcomings.  Seriously--on those stupid unconventional challenges, sometimes that is the only way to construct the garment.

I was also screamng about the 'black and white basketballs'.  That was so dumb.  I thought Josh's was pretty clever too, but I'm an old softball player, so I appreciated his dress.  I definitely thought the right person got eliminated, but I wish the other would have gone too.

Dr. Kelli, Hope you are feeling better.  I try to get on here so others can comment and not look for it.  I know what that's like.  LOL.

I wish it was a double elimination challenge too.  I did like Josh's too.  It was hard to decide for me. 

Who doesn't know that basketballs are not black and white and soccer balls are??  Obviously she did. I don't play soccer but know what they look like. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SWEET

@DrKelli

One thing that struck me was the judges criticising Amanda's dress for not looking like a "ball gown" & yet they (at first) LOVED Kimberly's pink & purple short dress! Does that look like a ball gown to you???

Respected Contributor

Yeah, that was a little off.  I think maybe Amanda's dress was just so simple and the neckline wasn't very good?  To me, a ball gown is a long dress, so I was thrown off by the fact that they liked all the short dresses.  I get that they were playing off the pun (no pun intended), but the lack of materials defeated the purpose of a 'ball gown'.

Honored Contributor

I like the unconventional challenges because it always amazes me what some designers can do with weird materials. I agree this was not the most interesting material for the challenge. I was ok with Stanley winning, but I honestly thought they would give it to Fabio. Helen was trying to defend her design, but when you put down designs from the other designers to try to save yourself, it just doesn’t look good. 

Honored Contributor

I preferred Fabio's too. Helen doesn't seem to understand that they are judged on the result not the process.

Trusted Contributor

This is JMO. This was the worst episode. I think everyone should have been 

on the bottom and sent home. Lol. Get a new cast and have a complete 

do over 

I did not see one princess ball gown. I did not even see one gown. 

I get that “ball” was the word and what they had to use in the unconventional 

challenge but could not one person have even tried. 

We have all seen some beautiful designs come out of the unconventional 

challeneges. 

I understand what Helen was trying to do. However she did not have to 

be so nasty about it and put the others down.  Her creation was not good 

either. Perhaps her and Claudette from Top Chef can go be on a show 

about mean,nasty,obnoxious baby women who can’t play well with others. 

Honored Contributor

This challenge was garbage in, garbage out.  Alyssa Milano's intro and emphasis on "castle" was obnoxious.  There a million things that could use for an unconventional challenge and this was stupid and they reduced the designers to pushing each other in a bouncy house, I am really!!!!

And who was that judge?  I never heard of her.  What was she selling?  What gives her credibility to judge designers?  Just like Whoopie Goldberg her feedback was a waste.

I liked Fabio's best too.  I don't like his personal style but his creations have all been on point so far this season.  I didn't like the color of Stanley's, it reminded me of a parrot.  Sometimes they deliberately don't give back-to-back wins, I wonder if that was part of it.

They need to hire solid challenge producers for both regular PR and All Stars.  Any of these competition shows are only as good as the challenges.

Honored Contributor

This was an especially tough challenge IMO. I was impressed that they came up with anything considering what they had to work with.

I love watching the unconventional challenges. I am so in awe of some of their imaginations & creativity.

Respected Contributor

Why is Merline still there?  Her dress was awful and it is a version of EVERYTHING she sends down the runway.

I'm gonna say it right here--I love Anthony.  I just love him.

Frequent Contributor

Oh Gosh! I'm with you on Merline. I hate her styles and that hat she wears is even getting to me. I thought she should have gone home and I was shocked when she wasn't.  They are keeping her around for show only.