Respected Contributor

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY ALL-STARS - JANUARY 4th

I think they sent the wrong team home last night.  The second to last place team--one of them was okay, but the other was awful!  At least the team that went home actually looked like they did something!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DrKelli

I fell asleep & didn't see the last part.

Dang, I hate when that happens!

Last thing I remember is Candice trying to work out a plan with Merline. Candice seemed like she was getting very frustrated.

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper, falling asleep before the end happens to me more than I care to admit.

Spoiler
Ari and her partner went home because the partner's dress (can't remember her name) didn't have any style and the judges didn't like the sheerness of Ari's dress (showing the belly button)
Spoiler

I put the elimination results in the spoiler bar (first one, I accidentally inserted the second.

Respected Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

I think they sent the wrong team home last night.  The second to last place team--one of them was okay, but the other was awful!  At least the team that went home actually looked like they did something!

I couldn't agree with you more.  I screamed at the tv.  How many chances will they give Merline w/her awful construction.

Fabio and Ken deserved to win.  They were both beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli

Oh, thank you so much for the info!!!

Spoiler

Was it the blonde...Melissa maybe???

Honored Contributor

@SWEET

@DrKelli

Before I fell asleep, Merline's dress/top (???) looked like a mess. I didn't think she was even gonna finish. 

I always feel bad for these Team or Pair Challenges. You are at the mercy of someone else & their idea & construction are basically out of your control.

Honored Contributor

I agreed with the elmination.  I don't know where Ari's taste level has gone, as Andy she finished second in the finale of her first season and did amazing work.  I agreed if just the back was bare it would have been beautiful.

I blame the challenge.  What a dumb idea, wine and food.  Has any designer ever done a collection inspired by that?  Ridiculous when there are so many wonderful challenges out there, I'm sure all of us could come up with a season's worth.

The work was bad because the challenge was bad.  

And Whoopie Goldberg?  Her comments were inane.  It was all about what she would wear and what she wouldn't.  That's not judging.

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

I agreed with the elmination.  I don't know where Ari's taste level has gone, as Andy she finished second in the finale of her first season and did amazing work.  I agreed if just the back was bare it would have been beautiful.

I blame the challenge.  What a dumb idea, wine and food.  Has any designer ever done a collection inspired by that?  Ridiculous when there are so many wonderful challenges out there, I'm sure all of us could come up with a season's worth.

The work was bad because the challenge was bad.  

And Whoopie Goldberg?  Her comments were inane.  It was all about what she would wear and what she wouldn't.  That's not judging.

It was kind of a strange challenge and it's difficult.  I was not impressed as Whoopi as a judge and she hardly had any critique. 

Alyssa's wardrobe isn't getting any better that's for sure but they were oohing and aahing her dress at the restaurant. 

I thought Ari was going to do well but I agree w/Isaac.  Cover the front and leave the back as sheer.  It would have been much better. 

Honored Contributor

It's all about advertising some business or company and the challenge is made to fit somehow, some way. I've had enough of Merlene and her smug self. She cared nothing at all about her partner who had more patience than I would have had. That thing she designed looked like a dying giraffe with faded spots, or whatever giraffe markings are called. I know Google is my friend.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain, what were they advertising?  I missed that.  I actually thought neither last week nor last night had a sponsor.  I was waiting for, you know, Whoopie Wine but didn't happen.  

I think we're all over Merline.  I thought her garment was overpraised last week, I didn't like it at all let alone think it was worthy of the win.