Honored Contributor

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY ALL-STARS - JANUARY 4th

Kimberly deserved to go home in the Avant Garde challenge. Her look was the worst IMO. I usually like Fabio’s designs, but I did not care for his blue outfit. I agree that Anthony’s would have been better without the circular plate. Stanley’s and Merlene’s were both good, but IMO Merlene is a one note designer. She needs to show she can do something else.

I did not like Josh's attitude on the runway. I have seen other designers in previous seasons also have bad attitudes. Remember Santino? He yelled at Heidi and Nina in one episode. There is nothing wrong with defending your look, but it can be done without being snarky or rude. 

Honored Contributor

Haven't seen the episode yet but a friend told me about Josh's OTT hissy fit.  I don't doubt his bad attitude is the reason he's been stuck designing prom and pageant dresses for sale on line --

-- and critiquing "Red Carpet" looks for Soap Opera Digest, a magazine that is hanging on by a thread, and most of the outfits are low rent, and he is always OTT mean.  I haven't seen  him in the last few issues, hopefully they let go of him.

He's so bitter.  A lot of people who sink themselves are bitter.  It's never their fault, always someone else's or the world's.

Respected Contributor

I was surprised at Josh's hissy fit also.  Bad move on his part.  He was so defensive.  He should have just listened and kept his mouth shut.  Only reason he was not voted off was Kimberly's outfit was worse than his.

Honored Contributor

@culebrawrote:

I was surprised at Josh's hissy fit also.  Bad move on his part.  He was so defensive.  He should have just listened and kept his mouth shut.  Only reason he was not voted off was Kimberly's outfit was worse than his.

I would like to see them take conduct into consideration when deciding who to eliminate.  Like the two that walked off last season, I felt strongly they should not have been allowed back on. 

They are not competing to become the Soul Survivor or the winner of a race or find a love match, they are competing to work in a high-pressure, high-reward industry where you are judged on your talent and on the way up, on the way you present yourself.  

Christian has stayed so beautifully humble and there's Josh, doing prom gowns and SOD, behaving in a thoroughly unprofessional way.

Honored Contributor

And while I'm complaining...just can't stand Alyssa Milano as host and she has no relevant experience.  Two different models hosted the first two seasons and both were let go.  They were dull and didn't do well but at least they had fashion cred.

Trusted Contributor

Congratulations to Stanley. Well deserved. 

Merlaine is a one design contestant. I think she will be in the finale, with each garment 

looking the same. 

I thought Ken’s was awful and he should have been in the bottom, not Fabio. 

Josh on his first season was a pretty good designer. He made a little black dress that season that was gorgeous. He has really gone downhill design wise. And he is a rude 

jerk this season. 

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori - I thought I was the only one that couldn't stand her!

I haven't watched this season much at all, if I come across it while channel surfing I will watch but don't go out of my way to remember it's on anymore and don't have it set up on the DVR.

Respected Contributor

@LoriLoriwrote:

And while I'm complaining...just can't stand Alyssa Milano as host and she has no relevant experience.  Two different models hosted the first two seasons and both were let go.  They were dull and didn't do well but at least they had fashion cred.

Have no idea why Alyssa is the host anyway.  Her style is awful and her critiques aren't that great or profound.  They ooh and aah when she comes out in her outfits but they are so ill-fitting.  Her boobs were sagging in the dress during the judging! 

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter

@SWEET

@LoriLori

I do not hate Alyssa as a host, but I wouldn’t be upset if they replaced her. I am not a fan of her personal style, but live and let live. She has as much fashion cred as the celebrity judges which IMO isn’t that much. IMO Whoopi was the worst celebrity judge ever when she was on a few weeks ago. I liked the early seasons of the original PR when fashion designers were the guest judges. Their critiques were insightful. 

Honored Contributor

@wilmawrote:

@CelticCrafter

@SWEET

@LoriLori

I do not hate Alyssa as a host, but I wouldn’t be upset if they replaced her. I am not a fan of her personal style, but live and let live. She has as much fashion cred as the celebrity judges which IMO isn’t that much. IMO Whoopi was the worst celebrity judge ever when she was on a few weeks ago. I liked the early seasons of the original PR when fashion designers were the guest judges. Their critiques were insightful. 

@wilma, last week we had Rebecca Minkoff.  Of course she didn't sell Josh's look, just a basic tee shirt, not even cropped, and nothing like the skirt.  I think when a designer wins a "we'll make this look" challenge the winner should be marketable.  Josh's wasn't.

There have been more designer judges and there will be more ahead.  PR attracts more because it is the better show.  It's laughable there would be six seasons worth of All-Stars on a show where only three designers in 16 seasons have actually made it big.