Honored Contributor

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY ALL-STARS - JANUARY 4th

Thanks for reminding me about this show.  I used to watch it but went on to something else.

I used to love to sew so this show really brings back memories.  I was OK and I made simple dresses, etc.

Hey!  I worked for the government in the Pentagon.  Had I come in even trying to wear something amazing like these people make, well, my General would have said, "See ya'"  too fancy for here.

Frequent Contributor

Omg it’s about time! If anyone else had been sent home I don’t know if I could keep watching.

I wasn’t wowed by anything this week, but didn’t find the eggplant color as bad as some thought. I also thought Helen’s was quirky, fun and creative! My favorite COLOR combo was Edmunds orange and magenta, though I didn’t love his design.

At least this week’s judge knows what she is talking about. I still don’t understand their choice in hosts, since Alyssa doesn’t bring anything to the show.

Honored Contributor

and the angels sing Hallelujah!

01b_happy_dance_1.gif

Honored Contributor

I thought this was an interesting challenge. I like color, but I didn’t love any of the designs and color combos this week. It was time for Merlene to be eliminated. That dress she made last night was a mess, and IMO was the worst. 

Respected Contributor

I had to come here to see who got kicked off.  I fell asleep literally the commercial right before they announced who got kicked off.  And judging from your comments, even though no one said, it is the person we have ALL been waiting on to go!

Respected Contributor

@DrKelliwrote:

I had to come here to see who got kicked off.  I fell asleep literally the commercial right before they announced who got kicked off.  And judging from your comments, even though no one said, it is the person we have ALL been waiting on to go!

@DrKelli, Yes it is.  It was Merline finally.  Her dress was the same old, same old and they finally said goodbye!  She was so happy though as if she knew.  She danced her way off behind the screen.  LOL

Respected Contributor

When Alyssa made the comment that Merline should do an origami inspired collection, I thought Oh EMMM GEEE, she didn't make the finale, did she?!?

Respected Contributor

@DrKelli, I can see where you got that from.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I thought Helen deserved the win.  I loved hers and so did Carmen Dell'orifice (sp.).  I only know regular PR, where the guest host has extra say as does Heidi and apparently not on All Stars.  The thought of Alyssa judging any of them is so annoying.

Carmen Dell'orifice is amazing.  If anyone has HBO and hasn't seen the documentary "About Face," it's well worth watching for PR fans.  She is incredible.

I missed the beginning and when they first mentioned "exhibit" I was like wha????  thinking Isaac Mizrahi was getting an exhibit in the Costume Institute at the Met and I was floored., and annoyed.   Then I called a friend and she said it's a Jewish Museum and I breathed a sigh.   He may have a piece or two at the Met (or not) but he's nowhere near good enough to exhibit at the Costume Institute and never will be!

Trusted Contributor

Finally!

Georgina is over the top with her love for Merlaine. It makes 

me doubt her judgement and I lose respect for her. 

That dress was a raggy mess! 

And no Alyssa we do not ever need a collection from Merlaine. Ever.