Honored Contributor

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY ALL-STARS 3/6/19 - SPOILER

@LoriLori wrote:

@Icegoddess 

I think your post may get poofed because you can't link to that paper.  But while it's still there (maybe the mods can just remove the link?) --

Why is that?  I only thought they didn't allow links to retail sites.  

Anyways, since I was just perusing the article trying to find the info we were discussing, I didn't actually read the entire article.  But I found Tim Gunn's comments about it interesting.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess   

I loved the whole article.  Its against TOS to link to a newspaper or website that has political content even if your article doesn't.  Sometimes the mods poof the post, sometimes they just remove the link, if someone is reading this maybe can you just take out the link?  (Or let it stay?)  It's a very interesting article and thank you, I'm glad I read it.

I forgot Nick Verreos went into teaching.  The only design of his I ever liked was his winning Barbie one.  I thought he was a terrible designer but seemed like a good person.  I think that's a good fit for him, teaching.

Most of them are doing something else.  And I once read, and it makes sense or it did before etail hit it big, that 95% of designers work for others' labels.  Daniel V. said he was doing that.  Gillian worked for Calvin Klein before she went on the show.  Somebody, I forget who, was designing for Serena Williams HSN collection before they were cast.

You can really tell the ones who know what they're doing from the ones who don't.  I can't wait to meet the new cast and hope most are trained and maybe a few prodigies or whatever thrown in.  (Anya was not a prodigy, not trained, couldn't sew, and won twice.  SMH)

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of Washington Post articles, not because of political content, but because they stick a bunch of ads in the middle of the content.  I can easily ignore poitical content.  

I'll just leave it there.  If they poof just the link and someone wants to know:  Just look for a Washington Post article entitled Project Runway hasn't launched a real star, but it is a lesson in fashion today.

The one thing I wonder is whether Jay (and the other contestants) actually knew about the contractual obligations of the prize package prior to signing up for the show.  I guess it doesn't really matter since he could've changed his mind once the show was over and the paperwork was in front of him, or someone like a lawyer could've changed his mind for him.  I really don't blame him for it.  That sort of clause would certainly give me pause.  It's kinda common practice in Shark Tank, but that's an investment deal.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

For reasons I gave above I find it impossible that clause continued after season one.  Besides the backfire people who brought their brands to the table would never agree to that.  It doesn't make sense and I couldn't find anything saying they continued with it.  So I'm sure it was a one-off and it didn't work anyway, Jay never did become a fashion designer.

Honored Contributor

I would imagine that's the case.  

Wasn't Jay the one who recently (several months ago) had a bad fall that resulted in major issues for him?

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I would imagine that's the case.  

Wasn't Jay the one who recently (several months ago) had a bad fall that resulted in major issues for him?

@Icegoddess    I'm sure that clause was gone after season one.

It was Chris March who fell back in 2017.  It left him partially paralyzed and needing to live in a facility I think for the rest of his life.  He was very obese, he could have died. 

He didn't make it to the finale of S 4 although he was the decoy...Do you remember he had human hair in every or almost every garment in his final collection?  Ewwww.

He was funny and talented and so ebullient Bravo gave him his own show, Mad Fashion, where he designed costumes for people.  That was his background, costume design.

Honored Contributor

Ah, ok.  I do remember th hair, but I thought that was a later season.  

Respected Contributor

I was glad that Dimitri did not go.  His stuff is usually great.  I felt Dimitri and everyone else had an off week.