Respected Contributor

PROJECT RUNWAY ALL-STARS 3/6/19 - SPOILER

[ Edited ]

Please -- Michelle as the winner?  That leopard green dress w/the plunging neckline was so passe and I agree w/Isaac.  It was ugly and the fabrics didn't match, not that I'm a matchy, matchy person.   And, of course Alyssa loved it.  She looked bad as usual this week. 

As for Christina who left, her bathing suit was ugly but the cover-up material was pretty.  Anthony Ryan should have left.  It was a plain white dress w/the usual blue/yellow material w/no style.

I liked Irina's cover up but not the rest of it.  Biddell is lucky he redesigned his outfit or else he would have been out.  I liked it even though it was plain for all-stars and I think that was what Georgina said.

Dimitry is lucky he's there.  I like him but this week was not my favorite.  He needs to step it up.

I loved when all of them were in climate weather.  That was hysterically funny. 

Honored Contributor

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY 3/6/19 - SPOILER

I haven't watched it yet.  Wasn't feeling it last night.  Hopefully will get to it today, but I'm also 2 episdes behind on my Soap.  I'll return once I get a chence to watch it though.

Honored Contributor

They made a very common, but for a tv show unforgiveable, mistake:  Mixing weather up with climate.  They are two very different things and I can't count how many times they used them interchangeably.  They are not.

Also the challenge itself was yet another foolish one.  It didn't make sense so the garments didn't either.

They were all bad but Michelle's was one of the worst.  Agree Anthony Ryan should have gone.  Biddell's was the only one that made sense.

Irina is going to be the winner.  She's still getting the winner's edit and Dmitry has already one a season of so-called "all stars."

Awful episode.  Two more and done!

Honored Contributor

Next week:  Ballgowns and Nina Garcia. 

The night before Project Runway Season 17 debuts on Bravo.  The difference between the two shows will hopefully be laughable.

Valued Contributor

I really miss Tim Gunn. 

Honored Contributor

@CinNC wrote:

I really miss Tim Gunn. 

Tim Gunn was never on "All Stars."   Hopefully you can watch him on Amazon with Heidi and Christian will be a wonderful mentor.

Valued Contributor

I thought Dmitri should have gone home.  That dress was hideous & in no way did it say "Palm Springs".  It reminded me of one of those '70's Laura Ashley dresses but in an ugly dark print.  And the coat over it was ridiculous!  Isaac seems to love whatever he does. 

I didn't think Christina's was bad enpough to send her home.  Although I don't know why that belt needed to be looped around so many times.

Biddell's was boring, & all that fabric scrunched around the waist would feel awful.

I can't believe Michelle won!  It should have been Irina.

Trusted Contributor

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY ALL-STARS 3/6/19 - SPOILER

The entire runway was really bad this week - I didn't like any of the outfits. @SWEET I have given up trying to understand why the judges LOVE Michelle's designs.
They did show a glimpse of next week's royal ballgown challenge and IRIS APFEL will be one of the judges. She was dressed in a blue maribou jacket and huge statement jewelry! Fabulous!
I have two of her toppers and some of her jewelry from HSN. She has an absolutely singular design aesthetic...over- the -top, boldly colored, textural, global and 100 percent unapologetic. Should be hilarious to watch her as a judge.
Oh, and did I mention she's in her 90's??
Honored Contributor

This mentor lady is not mentoring.  I hate the way she walks out the door with a warning.  She sounds more like a disapproving parent.  That’s not helpful.

What? Irina was complaining about Michelle being distracting after how she acted the last two weeks?

My thoughts prior to the runway show is….I hate all the looks.  The only fabric choice I like is Christina’s, but that’s just because it’s pretty fabric.  But, it’s reminiscent of Anya’s work and pretty predictable.

I did like that they had an actual designer for one of the guest judges.

Runway thoughts:

Irina’s looked kinda like a train wreck.  It was all over the place with different fabrics, embellishments, etc.

Michelle:  I hated the fabrics together.  Each fabric on it’s own would be okay, but together, no.

As expected Christina’s was pretty, but why did she need yards of that black ribbon to tie it up.

Anthony Ryan’s:  just no, and certainly not for a ski resort which Whistler is.  But, in Anthony Ryan’s defense, he didn’t seem to know what a ski resort is like.

Biddel’s:  The new swimmwear look was better, and the jumpsuit actually came out better than I expected, but that’s not saying much.

Dmitry’s I liked the flowy fabric (but not the fabric design - old lady), but the jacket just looked like a coat and too heavy.  Nothing transformational about throing a coat on.

A couple of thoughts on weather change.  A sunny day that turns to snow is still cold even when the  sun’s out, so why would you put someone in a sleeveless dress?  The same thing for a rainy day that turns windy.  It just gets colder, so why would you remove the thing keeping you warm to let it flow in the wind?

If it was up to me, I would have no winner this week and do a double elimination next week.

Honored Contributor

Did anyone notice how the show opened with a graphic saying "Previously recorded?"  That's never happened before and I think viewers know it's not a live show duh LOL. 

I've been chewing on this and I've decided JCP has decided to go beyond the standard tweets that no, they're not associated with the show (i.e. not producing any garments, this was a year ago).  

It just seemed so ridiculous, "Previously recorded."  Typical All Stars nonsensical stuff.   

Wonder what curveball they're going to throw in the ballgown challenge to ruin it and ensure we don't see lovely designs.  Not innovative, that's too much for this cast, but hoping for lovely.  They'll probably have to be made out of balls LOL.