Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,158
Registered: ‎06-27-2013

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY ALL-STARS 3/13/19 - SPOILER

@LoriLori 

Was the post about Iris signing with a modeling agency?

Sorry, I didn’t write the well written post about Iris.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,110
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY ALL-STARS 3/13/19 - SPOILER


@butterfly123 wrote:

@LoriLori 

Was the post about Iris signing with a modeling agency?

Sorry, I didn’t write the well written post about Iris.


 

Thanks for letting me know, @butterfly123 .  I just found it, and it follows in the next post.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,110
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY ALL-STARS 3/13/19 - SPOILER

@MarnieRez3  wrote this on last week's thread.  @MarnieRez3  I love your post, I love what you said and how you said it:

 

They did show a glimpse of next week's royal ballgown challenge and IRIS APFEL will be one of the judges. She was dressed in a blue maribou jacket and huge statement jewelry! Fabulous!
I have two of her toppers and some of her jewelry from HSN. She has an absolutely singular design aesthetic...over- the -top, boldly colored, textural, global and 100 percent unapologetic. Should be hilarious to watch her as a judge.
Oh, and did I mention she's in her 90's??

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,110
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY ALL-STARS 3/13/19 - SPOILER

@MarnieRez3 

 

She was hilarious, and so on point.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,383
Registered: ‎02-19-2015

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY ALL-STARS 3/13/19 - SPOILER

Thanks for the kind re-post @LoriLori, our resident Encyclopedia of All Things Project Runway. You truly know this series inside out (clothing pun intended!) and I am always amazed at your ability to recall outfits from specific episodes. Impressive memory!
Yes, agreed, Nina did sound hoarse. She has always been the PR judge I respect the most.
As for Iris, she really told it like it is - too funny how she kept advocating for sleeves on the garments. Her outfit was a hoot... it looked like blue robin's eggs around her neck.
May we all be so lucky to live into our mid-90s and still be so outrageously unique and bold like Iris. 💜
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,383
Registered: ‎02-19-2015

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY ALL-STARS 3/13/19 - SPOILER

@Icegoddess
Thank you for your discretion in NOT revealing the winner in your first post...you ARE a Goddess for remembering the people who may have DVR'ed the episode or those like myself who are not on East Coast time. I salute you!
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,062
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY ALL-STARS 3/13/19 - SPOILER

@MarnieRez3 , I DVR it.  Most Wednesdays I have choir practice and often don't get the chance to watch it until the next evening.  I got home last night about halfway into it, but I can hit a button to start from the beginning, so got to watch it last night.  

 

Same for Thursday's PR on Bravo. I got to watch it live tonight, but we often have dinner with a friend on Thursday nights, so I'll either be "chasing" it or watching it the next day. I know from earlier seasons a lot of people have cut the cord and can only watch online which they can't get until the next day.  

 

That doesn't mean I have a problem with people posting the spoilers.  It's in the title, but I try not to spoil it myself at least until someone else reveals it.  I used to have a lot of fun discussing the show live, but that hasn't happened in quite awhile now.  

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,241
Registered: ‎05-11-2010

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY ALL-STARS 3/13/19 - SPOILER

I will not miss the judges. To say that no one failed?? Such a disservice to 

the designers. 

 

I love Anthony Ryan. I wish he would use different colors. Always with the yellow and blue. I know they said the feathers were gray but on my TV looked blue. 

But Michele should have gone home. That was just a mess. It looked like she sewed rags together. 

 

I liked Biddel’s color. But I do not like gowns or dresses with puffy hips. I do not think they are flattering. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,205
Registered: ‎04-10-2012

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY ALL-STARS 3/13/19 - SPOILER


@lenapecci wrote:

I will not miss the judges. To say that no one failed?? Such a disservice to 

the designers. 

 

I love Anthony Ryan. I wish he would use different colors. Always with the yellow and blue. I know they said the feathers were gray but on my TV looked blue. 

But Michele should have gone home. That was just a mess. It looked like she sewed rags together. 

 

I liked Biddel’s color. But I do not like gowns or dresses with puffy hips. I do not think they are flattering. 


I agree.....love Anthony Ryan too....and i am not a fan of Michele...she is VERY phoney to me....and she always seems to go around to the other designers after they get back from MOOD and ask about their designs....and i often feel she DOES do some copying (like the show about her copying from Dimitry...............and she is always knocking everyone elses designs......so full of herself i feel....BUT again i wish she would have been let go.............her dress was as bad as his.......

DiMitry is always my favorite............hope he wins............

Out of all the ballgown dresses i actually liked Biddells best and Irina's second.....just felt that that sheer skirt on her ballgown was just not acceptable...the top of her gown was meticulous

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,110
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY ALL-STARS 3/13/19 - SPOILER


@kelsey17 wrote:

@lenapecci wrote:

I will not miss the judges. To say that no one failed?? Such a disservice to 

the designers. 

 

I love Anthony Ryan. I wish he would use different colors. Always with the yellow and blue. I know they said the feathers were gray but on my TV looked blue. 

But Michele should have gone home. That was just a mess. It looked like she sewed rags together. 

 

I liked Biddel’s color. But I do not like gowns or dresses with puffy hips. I do not think they are flattering. 


I agree.....love Anthony Ryan too....and i am not a fan of Michele...she is VERY phoney to me....and she always seems to go around to the other designers after they get back from MOOD and ask about their designs....and i often feel she DOES do some copying (like the show about her copying from Dimitry...............and she is always knocking everyone elses designs......so full of herself i feel....BUT again i wish she would have been let go.............her dress was as bad as his.......

DiMitry is always my favorite............hope he wins............

Out of all the ballgown dresses i actually liked Biddells best and Irina's second.....just felt that that sheer skirt on her ballgown was just not acceptable...the top of her gown was meticulous


 

IMO the winner will be Irina.  IMO All Stars has always had a predetermined winner from the first season, when it was created to give Mondo Guerra the win he should have had in his regular season.