Respected Contributor

Re: 👗PROJECT RUNWAY 16 "Road To The Runway" is on now!

[ Edited ]

Quite a beginning to PR Sweet Sixteen! 

How Cha Cha got on in the first place is perplexing.  Clown outfit for sure.  I knew he was going to go right from the beginning.  He's eccentric for sure.

I loved Deyonte's and not much of a tropical print person myself since I can't pull it off but good job.  The white dress by Kenya was pretty but I would have liked it in a color.  I was shocked that Brandon (menswear) did so well and I would have worn it.  The plus size model looked fantastic.

Batani (grey dress) was just horrible and she was camoflauging it and wouldn't admit to her mistake w/using lace to cover up the mistake.  They should have told her when she got back to the runway. 

As for the twins Shawn & Claire, I know they are going to get on my nerves big time w/their precise talk.  Those shorts were bad, bad, bad. 

Onto next week w/the unconventional challenge. 

Love that there are so many diverse models this season and I like the behind the scenes w/the judges and models.  You really never hear from the models and I think it's great. 

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

How Cha Cha got on in the first place is perplexing.  Clown outfit for sure.  I knew he was going to go right from the beginning.  He's eccentric for sure.

I loved Deyonte's and not much of a tropical print person myself since I can't pull it off but good job.  The white dress by Kenya was pretty but I would have liked it in a color.  I was shocked that Brandon (menswear) did so well and I would have worn it.  The plus size model looked fantastic.

Batani (grey dress) was just horrible and she was camoflauging it and wouldn't admit to her mistake w/using lace to cover up the mistake.  They should have told her when she got back to the runway. 

As for the twins Shawn & Claire, I know they are going to get on my nerves big time w/their precise talk.  Those shorts were bad, bad, bad. 

Love that there are so many diverse models this season and I like the behind the scenes w/the judges and models.  You really never hear from the models and I think it's great. 

@SWEET I so agree, I am so glad to see the different sizes and shapes of the models this year and also hearing their reactions to what they are wearing.  I often, often thought to myself in past seasons what on earth did a particular model think about when being sent down the runway in a given garment although God bless them they give it their all . . . Smiley Happy

That brings up another point, I wonder how they are going to eliminate models this year?  Is it going to be the losing designer's outfit or will they shuffle the deck and whomever draws the short straw is out?

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@SWEET I so agree, I am so glad to see the different sizes and shapes of the models this year and also hearing their reactions to what they are wearing.  I often, often thought to myself in past seasons what on earth did a particular model think about when being sent down the runway in a given garment although God bless them they give it their all . . . Smiley Happy

That brings up another point, I wonder how they are going to eliminate models this year?  Is it going to be the losing designer's outfit or will they shuffle the deck and whomever draws the short straw is out?

No idea.  I thought it was always the same w/the models; when the designer goes, the model goes?  But then I thought I heard that they are having different models for each episode?  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Honored Contributor

Based on the season's preview, there looks to be a lot of drama.

Those twins are beyond annoying.

There are some real characters in this group of designers.

I liked all 3 top contenders as well as the red ensemble by the lady from Puerto Rico (who did a fabulous imitation of the twins) and the black & white number by the Japanese pianist.

Respected Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

Based on the season's preview, there looks to be a lot of drama.

Those twins are beyond annoying.

There are some real characters in this group of designers.

I liked all 3 top contenders as well as the red ensemble by the lady from Puerto Rico (who did a fabulous imitation of the twins) and the black & white number by the Japanese pianist.

I forgot to mention that I like Margarita too.  Her imitation of the twins was spot on.  I like her when she was doing the auditions and knew she would make it.   The Japanese pianist needs closed captioning.   Don't remember his dress.  Not sure if I like the designs of the woman (Ayana)? who wears the burkah (?) and if they are all going to look the same -- very conservative.  That's going to get old very quickly.

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

No idea.  I thought it was always the same w/the models; when the designer goes, the model goes?  But then I thought I heard that they are having different models for each episode?  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh goodness I don't know @SWEET I must have missed how the models will be assigned/rotated out in the episode.  Off to On Demand I go!

Respected Contributor

No, @momtochloe, you are correct, each designer will get different models throughout the season.

Respected Contributor

@SWEET, that designer wears a hijab (head covering).  A burka is when they are completely covered from head to toe in basically a black tent with mesh so they can see out.

I made the same comment about it though--that the judges are not going to like it for long.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DrKelli wrote:

@SWEET, that designer wears a hijab (head covering).  A burka is when they are completely covered from head to toe in basically a black tent with mesh so they can see out.

I made the same comment about it though--that the judges are not going to like it for long.

Thanks.   I thought it was a hijab.

I thought I heard that each designer will be getting a new model every show.  I'm glad they are changing it up a bit so each designer can experience different body shapes.

Honored Contributor

I heard that each designer would get a different model each week also.

Totally random apparently.