Regular Contributor

Re: 👗PROJECT RUNWAY 16 "Road To The Runway" is on now!

@mousiegirl wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

I saw it on, but figured it was a rerun.  Is it a new series starting?

@GCR18   I just now saw a few minutes, and it did look like a rerun, the girl with her head covered I could swear was on before.

@mousiegirl@GCR18

Not a rerun. It is the NEW season 16.

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh I like the new season already:

Spoiler
Switching models each week is a great idea and will better level the playing field as it was always clear some models were more coveted than others.

eta:  YAY, Swatch is back at Mood! . . . Heart

Honored Contributor

Well I really enjoyed this episode and very much look forward to this season.  Many very talented designers with different design styles, should be a good time!

Honored Contributor

I didn't get to see much of last nights episode, I fell asleep part way through it.  I have it on the DVR and will watch it later.

The twins are annoying.  I don't understand the reasoning behind both of them applying to the same season and PR taking both of them.

Respected Contributor

Well, I called it--I knew ChaCha wouldn't last long.  He is kind of funny though.  The twins are going to get on my last nerve--I thought it was kind of funny when they all of a sudden developed a high brow accent and the other designers were mocking them.

I like the design that won and I was glad that the menswear designer (I don't know their names yet) got positive feedback.

The one designer who designs for modesty--I don't think Heidi liked that at all--I don't mind the modesty part, but I think that the judges are going to have issues if all her looks have a hijab.  I think that when a designer limits themselves to one specific segment, they won't do well on the show.  I LOVE the "all sizes" of models!  Not everyone is a zero with no boobs and no butt!  LOVE IT!

Esteemed Contributor

Loved the show with the different sizes of models!  Chacha had to go he was too out there the material was nice though but the dress was awful.

I loved the designed that won and the camou outfit both were my favorites.  I think the grey dress would have been nice if it wasn't so darn tight and didn't have the white lace going down the back of her butt.

Respected Contributor

That grey dress would have been nice, @Luvitorleaveit1, if it would have been constructed well and minus the lace tail--that was awful!  And the designer got caught in a big lie when she told Heidi she wasn't hiding anything and then Heidi lifted that lace up and there was a big gaping hole!

I wonder what the big controversy is all about that they showed in the previews that Tim said it was cheating!?

Respected Contributor

This was a great first episode.  Both DH and I watch this show and it didn't take long for the us to realize the twins are going to be the drama queens.  Boy, they sure do think alot of themselves.  I'm surprised they can find oxygen LOL.

As for the designs, we both liked Deyonte's the best and glad he won.  I noticed one of the twins making a negative remark about it.  Also thought it was funny when the twin Shawn made the remark to Nina and Zac Posen gave that "huh" look.  

As for as ChaCha leaving, his design was clownish IMO; however, I really felt that the judges should have sent Batani home since, after examining her garment, found out that she did lie to cover up a mistake.  The lace looked like a tail hanging down and was not complimentary, but after seeing the gigantic hole, I knew why she did that.  However, she should have been truthful and for that reason, should have been sent packing IMO.

All I can say is that I hope none of the twins win, but somehow I see them being there for awhile, ugh.

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 I agree I personally would have sent Batani home as she took what looked to be a great start and just totally hosed it when it showed up on the runway but after watching the first introductory episode I do believe she does have some designing chops so they gave her a pass on this one.  The second I saw that metallic ruffle and the look on Tim Gunn's face I knew Cha Cha was on his way out (although in his defense his garment appeared to be well constructed as opposed to whoever that designer was that had that gold ensemble with the pointy shoulders and matching hair on the model.  The back seam on that thing was a puckered mess and for me should have been in the botton three).

Respected Contributor

ChaCha should not have qualified to be on the show.  His presence surely denied a more deserving, talented, designer the opportunity.

It is this kind of participant selection, for what the producers evidently deem 'good' TV, that has been and is the downfall of the show.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.