Honored Contributor

Re: 👗PROJECT RUNWAY 16 "Road To The Runway" is on now!

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

Wendy Pepper wow I remember her when I clicked on the link.  Doesn't say what happened unless I missed it.

@Luvitorleaveit1, she died of cancer.

Like the overwhelming number of Project Runway competitors she went on to very modest success.  She owned a store in a small town in Virginia.  Kudos to her for making a living at it, anyway.  I feel bad she's gone but I agree with most of the season one cast, she wasn't especially talented.

Honored Contributor

Mychael Knight dead at 39.

Wendy Pepper 53.

I watch Survivor and four of them have passed, young.

Seems like everyday now three or four real celebrities pass, actors and rock stars, and then there's the reality stars.  I think because so many people are either celebrities (actors, singers, writers, directors, designers)  or have been on reality tv this will be the norm going forward, multiple deaths, every day.  Sad.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I see a lot of talent in Brandon's challenge designs although I'm not a fan of his design style.  However, his collection was just one forgettable blur using mostly that  flamingo (is that what it was) fabric that I hated anyway!!!  I read on another blog where somebody called it a sun-faded print and I have to agree completly with that description.  I loved certain elements of his designs but, overall, I was bored with it.  It appears several of you really liked Ayanna's collection but it left me completely underwhelmed.  I hated the "matronly" flower fabric that she used quite a bit.  Loved her final look (wedding dress)  but one killer design does not a collection make.

@shoptilyadropagain

Didn't he say during one of his segments, that he took the fabric & bleached or faded some of it somehow???

I heard that & wondered why because it was already fairly light to begin with.

Does anyone else remember Brandon mentioning "fading" part of his fabric (on purpose LOL)???

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori- I don't really remember her designs unless I saw pictures but I'm glad that she was able to fulfill and act on something she really enjoyed doing.

Esteemed Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

I see a lot of talent in Brandon's challenge designs although I'm not a fan of his design style.  However, his collection was just one forgettable blur using mostly that  flamingo (is that what it was) fabric that I hated anyway!!!  I read on another blog where somebody called it a sun-faded print and I have to agree completly with that description.  I loved certain elements of his designs but, overall, I was bored with it.  It appears several of you really liked Ayanna's collection but it left me completely underwhelmed.  I hated the "matronly" flower fabric that she used quite a bit.  Loved her final look (wedding dress)  but one killer design does not a collection make.

@shoptilyadropagain

Didn't he say during one of his segments, that he took the fabric & bleached or faded some of it somehow???

Does anyone else remember Brandon mentioning "fading" part of his fabric (on purpose LOL)???

@ChiliPepper, I don't recall him saying that but, by that point, I was bored with Brandon and pretty much zoned out when he was talking.  I wouldn't have cared for the fabric anyway regardless of whether he did something to it or not. 

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I must admit I liked Brandon as a person throughout the competition and some not all of his designs but I was totally turned off when he didn't win and had that crying breakdown because I don't recall seeing any happiness for Kentaro his so call brother bond he had with Kentaro.  I guess that went out the window real quick unless I missed it.

Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

I must admit I liked Brandon as a person throughout the competition and some not all of his designs but I was totally turned off when he didn't win and had that crying breakdown because I don't recall seeing any happiness for Kentaro his so call brother bond he had with Kentaro.  I guess that went out the window real quick unless I missed it.

@Luvitorleaveit1, I cut him slack for two reasons:  I get his sobbing because he cares so much and they treated him like the Golden Boy all season so they really did set up an expectation he would win (and Tim did him wrong), and also we don't know what was edited out.  

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain

@ChiliPepper I did hear him say something about this which struck me as odd as the fabric print was so light to begin with it didn't make much sense to me plus I really couldn't see much of a difference (but then again I don't have the best TV either, no HD).