QVC Customer Care

Re: đź‘—PROJECT RUNWAY 16 "Road To The Runway" is on now!

This post has been removed by QVC Baiting, attempting to take thread off topic.

Honored Contributor

@Susan-QVC, thank you for that. 

I know I'd be very grateful and I think other people would be too if you would read my post #450 and give us some guidance.  No one ever disrespected the designer; in fact she's quite popular.  Guidelines for discussing her specific designs tonight could be helpful and prevent a whole wonderful thread that's been going for months -- and tonight being the finale -- from going poof.  Thanks so much.

Respected Contributor

Hi, @LoriLori!  

IMO, this whole thing was just one giant misunderstanding!

Ayana has deservedly gotten her share of praise here, but quite a few of us had expressed dismay at the 2 ruffled dresses in Ayana's collection. Not just @LoriLori!

We'd all basically described them similarly.

Various posters offered up: 'Little House on the Prairie', 'Sister Wives', 'Laura Ingalls' (sp?), & I'd said they looked like those old Gunne Sax dresses from the late 70s. LOL!

Smiley LOL

It's just fashion talk! Nothing more.

Woohoo! Tonight is finale night!

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ayana's style is "modest." I do not think she designs for a particular religion.  When a head scarf was worn on the runway, it was not essential to the outfit.  I checked back to the weekly runway shows, she used a full head scarf only twice, a modified scarf 3 times and a hat once.  Last week was episode 13 and she did not use a head covering with either outfit.

I will be equally pleased if either Brandon or Ayana wins.

Frequent Contributor

@lulu1 I too will be happy with either Ayana or Brandon winning.

Looking forward to the finale tonite!

Honored Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

Hi, @LoriLori!  

IMO, this whole thing was just one giant misunderstanding!

Ayana has deservedly gotten her share of praise here, but quite a few of us had expressed dismay at the 2 ruffled dresses in Ayana's collection. Not just @LoriLori!

We'd all basically described them similarly.

Various posters offered up: 'Little House on the Prairie', 'Sister Wives', 'Laura Ingalls' (sp?), & I'd said they looked like those old Gunne Sax dresses from the late 70s. LOL!

Smiley LOL

It's just fashion talk! Nothing more.

Woohoo! Tonight is finale night!

@sabatini, once again you said it better than I could.  ITA.  And sorry but that silver space suit is wicked ugly.  But I loved what she showed last week. 

Honored Contributor

I'm rooting for Brandon all the way. 

In one of the posts that was poofed, a long post where I discussed each designer, I said that Brandon reminds me of Dries Van Noten.  For those not familiar he's a Belgian designer who does men's and women's wear.  They have similarities.  Dries Van Noten is not a household name but he's had a very, very successful career and I think Brandon has that capability.

The focus on the strips is misdirection.  He'll grow out of that.  He already has, somewhat.  That green gown would be perfect at the Met Gala.  I love his fabric in this collection and the lines.  IMO he has a viewpoint but he's not repetitive.  (My saying that set someone into a tantrum, so I hope that doesn't happen again.)

People forget that on a formerly influential fashion blog Christian Siriano's nickname in his season was "Princess Puffy Sleeves."  He's had the last laugh!  We all know he moved away from that and branched out and we all know Christian's fashion fairy tale ends happily ever after, Project Runway's best happily ever after!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lulu1 wrote:

Ayana's style is "modest." I do not think she designs for a particular religion.  When a head scarf was worn on the runway, it was not essential to the outfit.  I checked back to the weekly runway shows, she used a full head scarf only twice, a modified scarf 3 times and a hat once.  Last week was episode 13 and she did not use a head covering with either outfit.

I will be equally pleased if either Brandon or Ayana wins.

@lulu1, editing because I don't know what will anger the one person who reported the posts, and the mods haven't responded unfortnately..

I think some of what Ayana designs, like the two she sent down the runway last week, are for someone like her.  I think the two gowns that are super modest are for a different customer, not like her.  The gown that I think you copied and pasted into this thread, that one I love and I think it has the potential to be worn by many women.

I think there's a spectrum of customers on her rack unlike the other three, who all design for the same woman, which is how most designers do it but that doesn't make Ayana's way any less good or interesting.  

But I do think it will be more challenging for the judges because of that.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoyed the runway shows! 

Surprise ending!

What did everyone think?

Honored Contributor

I'm really surprised at Margarita's collection tonight!

I liked them so much and they were so pretty to me. I would have worn some. I thought she really matured in that collection. They were not cartoonish to me at all, but so well thought out.

I think Brandon's are nice and interesting but so many I don't think I would wear.

Zac said something to the effect that they are not a collection that is commercial or something when he was talking about Kentaro's.

So I guess I won't look at the designs in terms of what is wearable but more to me what is art or sculpture.But I don't like some of them even for the art aspect.

I do like Kentaro though-so cute and quirky! I love listening to him talk.

But if these are displayed in JCP's who is going to wear some of Kentaro's designs?!

I thought Ayana's were very interesting and some very flowy and feminine. I think I like that flowy dress that just swished all over-sort of ruffles. When she walked, I thought it was amazing.

The emotion of the models was very touching.

I agreed with the judges, that Brandon's were so well done in tailoring and design but really started to look the same and he should have brought different textures and material to wow the judges and audience on the runway.

I think if I could pick one, well, I liked aspects of each, and didn't like a lot of others.

But totally wowed by Marguerita's tonight and have disliked so many of her other designs.

I wouldn't have picked Kentaro or Ayana.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"